Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anyone else receive post today?

• 19-02-2011 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

I did. Since when do we get post delivered on a Saturday..?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

They are delivering today on account of all the election flyers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

I did. Since when do we get post delivered on a Saturday..?

Yea i was sitting down with a cup of tea and slice of toast around half 9 when I saw the post man coming in the drive,
    I jumped out of the chair and pegged into the kitchen I thought I had my days mixed up fortunately the clock in the kitchen tells me what day it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Yes - Postman arrived today with flyers from some Independent Left - candidate .

They went straight into the dustbin.

These flyers have been coming in dribs and drabs for the last few weeks and they all are given a quicker dispatch than even An Post could do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Same crap from littlewoods. Different day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

mytime wrote: »
    They are delivering today on account of all the election flyers etc

Ah, I see. That's good then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

yeah a nice NTL bill, renewal for the house insurance and a polling card and some election flyers..i should have taped up the letter box last night:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

jayboi wrote: »
    when I saw the post man coming in the drive,
    hope you reported him.

I still didn't get me t-shirt in the post and its a really funny one and all boo 8ball. We did get some other post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yes - Postman arrived today with flyers from some Independent Left - candidate .

They went straight into the dustbin.

These flyers have been coming in dribs and drabs for the last few weeks and they all are given a quicker dispatch than even An Post could do.

I have a big sign in the window saying no flyers, my neighbour just informs us he got 2 of everything! The door are right beside each other

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

The postperson is obliged to deliver mail to each address on delivery regardless of "no flyers" etc signs being displayed on home windows. I'd suggest writing a letter to your local delivery office DSM (Delivery office Boss) to inform them them you do not wish to receive any more promotional material. That should put a stop to it or at least reduce it somewhat.

As regards anything with a name and address the postperson has to deliver these . No option just like the bills people complain about coming to the door despite the fact they are the ones who run up the bills.

Advertisement