Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Fitness!

Options
  • 19-02-2011 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hey.

I have been following some of the threads on here and I have to say that I am well impressed.

I always start some fitness program and then forget about it and get lazy after a few weeks. THIS TIME I want to complete and achieve my goal which is to do the couch to 5K program.

I was a good long distance runner when i was younger so hopefully I will re discover the love I once had for running and the feeling it gave me.

Basically I am 30, female. I am 5 foot 7. I am 8 stone. I am thin and lean. I eat very well. I do not drink or smoke.

What I am afraid of is that by running I will lose more weight which is not what I want at all. I want to get fit and tone up with a bit of muscle.

I am also interested if there is anyone reading this that may start in doing this program and maybe we could discuss our progress on this thread and keep ourselves motivated.

I am hoping to start the program on Monday and follow it for the next 9 weeks.

Any advice re diet and how to prevent weight lose would be great. Is there any drink that may help me bulk up a bit while training?

Thanks a mill. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

I'm delighted to see another lady logging!:)

With regards to the worry of losing weight; all you need to do is ensure that you are consuming enough food. If you eat enough calories you shouldn't lose weight.

From my own personal experience, if you want to gain muscle like you said above, you will be far more successful doing this through some form of weight training. Would you consider doing some weights along with all your running?

Looking forward to seeing your progress!!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭CluelessGirl

Hey!

Thanks for the post.

Yeah I would consider doing weights but I do not like the gym at all!

I have some dumbbells around somewhere. Maybe I could start with them?

I haven't a clue really about weights. I must look up some sites and educate myself.

Just downloading podrunner for the mp3! I am bursting to start training......but as I have read on here the weekend is time off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Hey!

Thanks for the post.

Yeah I would consider doing weights but I do not like the gym at all!

I have some dumbbells around somewhere. Maybe I could start with them?

I haven't a clue really about weights. I must look up some sites and educate myself.

Just downloading podrunner for the mp3! I am bursting to start training......but as I have read on here the weekend is time off!

I'm actually surprised at how open minded you are..excellent:)
    Yep..you could start with the dumbbells and do other bodyweight stuff aswell such as pushups, lunges, tricep dips..there's a whole rake of stuff..it's just too early on a Sunday morning for me to think.

Will Heffernan, who 'lurks' on this forum:)..the strength and conditioning coach from IP gym, has said that he'd be more than happy to answer any questions that the ladies have re.programmes or if you want some oversight in your training that he'd also be happy to help. Just drop him a PM with any questions you have and he should be able to help you to structure a weights workout:)

Advertisement