Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

you ever have too many games to play?

Options
  • 19-02-2011 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Because I've no idea what to play after I finish Final Fantasy X-2 (currently in chapter 4). Any suggestions?

I'ne not beaten any of these:

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
    Alone In The Dark
    Breath of Fire III
    Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars
    Clock Tower 3
    Comix Zone
    Contact
    Daxter
    Devil May Cry
    Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition
    Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
    Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
    Dragon Quest: The Journey of the Cursed King
    Drakengard 2
    Dynasty Warriors 5
    Eledees
    Fahrenheit
    Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
    Final Fantasy II
    Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
    Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
    Final Fantasy VII
    Ghostbusters: The Video Game
    God Hand
    God of War
    God of War: Chains of Olympus
    Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
    Half-Minute Hero
    The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
    Infinite Space
    Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
    Jak II: Renegade
    Jak 3
    Kingdom Hearts
    Kingdom Hearts II
    Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil
    The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    LocoRoco 2
    The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
    Magical Starsign
    Maken Shao: Demon Sword
    Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
    The Mark of Kri
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance
    Maximo
    Maximo vs. Army of Zin
    Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
    Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
    Mystery Dungeon Shiren The Wanderer
    Nights: Journey of Dreams
    Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny
    Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
    Prince of Persia: Warriors Within
    Project Zero II: Crimson Butterfly
    Psychonauts
    Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
    Puzzle Quest: Galactrix
    Ratchet & Clank
    Ratchet & Clank 2
    Ratchet & Clank 3
    Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
    Rogue Galaxy
    Sam & Max: Season One
    Shadow Hearts: Covenant
    Shadow Hearts: From The New World
    Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
    Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2
    Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call
    Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES
    Sly 2: Band of Thieves
    Sly 3: Honour Among Thieves
    Sly Cooper
    Soul Nomad and the World Eaters
    Star Ocean: Second Evolution
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
    Suikoden IV
    Tales of Eternia
    Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
    Tokobot Plus: Mysteries of the Karakuri
    Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
    Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
    Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Böse
    Yakuza 2
    Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

In the time it took you to write that list, you could have played a level or two of something. :)

I'm in the same boat. Too many games, not enough time. I start playing something, then like a magpie I spot something new and shiny to play and drop the one I was playing. I just need to set my mind to working through my back catalogue.

I really really want to start Mass Effect (followed by Mass Effect 2), but the amount of time it's going to take is offputting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I know the feeling.

I've set my mind to finishing Halo: Reach. I was doing it on Legendary but it's just damn hard so I've restarted on Normal. I've gotten from the start to where I was on Legendary in about an hour or two, where Legendary took me a week and about 7 hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 meeple

Yea I blame Steam sales,it's just way to easy to pick up more games for cheap.

I have 65 games in my library, but have only installed about 20 of them and played less than 10 for any decent length of time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

meeple wrote: »
    Yea I blame Steam sales,it's just way to easy to pick up more games for cheap.

I have 65 games in my library, but have only installed about 20 of them and played less than 10 for any decent length of time

Kinda in the same boat though I've about 200 and roughly 70+ to play yet. In the time it takes me to complete a game I generally pick up two more because they're on sale and I know I'd like them. In fairness, I'm getting better at the whole self control thing and not buying all the games (not that there's many left at this stage :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've deliberately not bought Hard Corps: Uprising on XBLA because of my backlog (that's serious willpower because I love the trial version!)

I think BG&E and Torchlight will be too irresistable though... :)

Not too pushed about any retail releases over the next few months (thank God). Portal 2 is probably the next boxed game I'll buy, although I may rent stuff like Bulletstorm, Mortal Kombat and Crysis 2 to try them out. Should give me a chance to work on my backlog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

I know the feeling I have plenty of games that I haven't even started to play yet on all systems dating back to the Gameboy so it's safe to say I'll never ever get around to all the games I have unless they stop making new games for around 2 years so we can clear our backlog of games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yeah, same boat here (only my list isn't quite that big!!!:p)
    Just ordered Dead Space 2 despite having a gigantic backlog of games to get through.

Gave up on Fallout NV, Metro 2033, L4D2 and Dawn of War 2 within the past month, but might still come back to them at some stage...

/edit
    Just took the plastic wrap off the PoP trilogy which I bought earlier in the month...
    I think I've got a problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I have a ton unfinished games, and i got 4 games to buy in march alone...

Problem is that i get too much addictive to games that dont give completion progress... Wow, online shooters, minecraft.

In fact minecraft and bf2 takes all my time now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I haven't played 2/3rds of the game I own.
    I end up sticking with the same things again and again, but everyday look for more games to buy...though I know I will still go back to the same games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

tman wrote: »
    Just ordered Dead Space 2 despite having a gigantic backlog of games to get through.

You are weak, WEAK! :p

Took all my resolve not to buy same :D ... despite not enjoying the original (mouse control felt weird). Also managed to hold off on buying Pacman CE DX and LittleBigPlanet 2 until I play some of my backlog.

Just started Mass Effect 2. Restarted about 6 times trying to make a new version of Shepard that embodies some aspects of the freak I made in the first game. I probably spent 4 hours in the character creator altogether - which is probably indicative of why games seem to pile up on me.

Started playing Uncharted 2 but like the dialog and characters enough that I feel I'd be missing out by not having played the original (which arrived in the post a few days ago).

Magicka, Amnesia TDD, Just Cause 2, Rush, Mirrors Edge, Red Alert 3, Altitude and a couple other games remain untouched on my PC. Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light, along with Castle Crashers, are yet to be started. I'm half way through both Super Meat Boy, and Splosion Man.

Have recently completed Tomb Raider: Underworld and finally closed the book on God Hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Im getting better. Age has calmed me down and I no longer feel a huge urge to get whatever takes my fancy this week. Theres just too much choice and theres the expense issue too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Only Ghost Trick have I bought new this year,fearing a lack of stock on it.But I buy waaay too many games on adverts.I have a stack of games higher than my X360 beside it,not counting the drawer full of PS3 & 360 games & a bomb of DS games,never going to finish them all.I'm waiting to read reviews of the games I buy new anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

I don't understand buying a game when you don't have time to play it immediately. I buy one, wait until I'm done and then buy another. I read reviews and make sure it's a top-rated one. Added bonus is I usually end up paying half what I would have. I might make an exception for something a lot of ppl are playing online straight after release.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I actually managed to work through a few lingerers over the last few weeks: AC Brotherhood, Yakuza 3, Stacking and Red Dead Redemption are all ones I managed to finish in the last week or so!

But I still have Dragon Age Origins to start, and barely started copies of Just Cause 2 (I'm happy to ignore that one for a while) and Disgaea 3. Hard Corps is also a pleasant distraction. To add to the frustration, couldn't resist Dead Space 2 on sale, and my copy of Death Smiles arrived in the post today. On a Saturday. Just when I thought I was making some progress :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

lol Godot, and i thought i was bad with 3 games unfinished. When i was younger i used to 100% (or close to) like all my games. To much money these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

lol Godot, and i thought i was bad with 3 games unfinished. When i was younger i used to 100% (or close to) like all my games. To much money these days

That's exactly it!
    You either have way too much time on your hands but no money to buy new games, or enough money to afford craploads of games, yet no free time to play them all in... There's no happy medium:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I don't understand buying a game when you don't have time to play it immediately. I buy one, wait until I'm done and then buy another.

To me its like DVD collections I suppose, when poeple just buy them as they've heard its good, and maybe will watch it down the line when they have nothing else to watch.

I could probably list over 100 games I have that I haven't even got to the start menu on (PC+360) But, they are there for a rainy day....or if PC gaming ever dies :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Same for me, ive got loads to play, used to always be like that and would always get round to playing them but trophies have really slowed me down trying for the plat. Running out of space for them, took them out the other night and ive around 55 retail games and ive about 10 finished (usual trade finished game). The big ones unplayed are bioshock 2, fallout vegas, black ops, star ocean,GOW. the others are old to me now like overlord 2, silent hill, and bioshock, these will more than likely be never play but ill keep them to have a nice collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Paging Retro.. paging Retro

I want to see his list

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

For the love of god, OP, play those Devil May Cry and God Of War games quick. You won't be disappointed.

I had myself a clean-up seasion there a few months back. Beating through all the games that had been sitting in my collectio relatively untouched. I think I'm pretty much up to date at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

yes, steam is my downfall with all their damn sales :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I managed to get through (most of) my backlog I'd built up last year but now I've built another bundle since Xmas!

Currently finishing RUSE
    Dead space 2 is next on the list, with the following hopefully being played before the summer:
    Dead Space Extraction
    Little Big Planet 2
    Eternal Sonata
    Metroid Other M
    Sakura Wars
    Red Alert 3

Infinite Space (DS)

But I still have Dragon Age Origins to start, and barely started copies of Just Cause 2 (I'm happy to ignore that one for a while) and Disgaea 3.

Well Disgaea is going to take some effort to finish due to how long they're. Good luck with that one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

tman wrote: »

I think I've got a problem!

I was going to order Dead Space 2 for £14 but then I paused and thought for a second which resulted in me not buying it. The reason for this is not that I have too many games to play through (which I do) but that the game would come in a box and not via a digital distribution method hence I'm holding off until it's on a Steam Sale. (I think I also have a problem :p)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If I was name out all the games I have unopened or not finished yet I'd be here all night :o

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES is the only answer.

WilliamOC wrote: »
    Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES is the only answer.

Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call/Nocturne is better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 seriousbuns

never really happens unless i buy a load at once :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's perpetual for me I've more games than I'll ever beat in a lifetime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

When I look at all my games i just spend about an hour staring, thinking somehting like 'I want to explore an open world, but not with shooting, and a good story'

Then by the time I find that I realise I actually wanted to play one of the first games I looked at, put it in the console and realise I've used up my free time and have to work or study.

Advertisement