Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone BB and phone line?

• 19-02-2011 1:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Have a strange problem, my phone will only work when plugged in without using the ADSL splitter, when the router and phone are both plugged in only the router will work. I've tried a few splitters and still the same problem.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Have a strange problem, my phone will only work when plugged in without using the ADSL splitter, when the router and phone are both plugged in only the router will work. I've tried a few splitters and still the same problem.

Any ideas?

Make/Model of modem you're using?

If its the VF-branded Huawei HG556a, plug the adsl line directly to the phone socket, and plug the handset into the "Phone 1" port on the back of the modem. no need for a splitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭chrislynch8

A simple question, are you putting the phone into the phone and the DSL into the DSL part of the splitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

roast wrote: »
    Make/Model of modem you're using?

If its the VF-branded Huawei HG556a, plug the adsl line directly to the phone socket, and plug the handset into the "Phone 1" port on the back of the modem. no need for a splitter.

yes, it's that model, tried connection as you suggested but still no dial tone from phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

A simple question, are you putting the phone into the phone and the DSL into the DSL part of the splitter.

Yes, they are connected correctly, VF sent me a new router recently as they said it could be faulty, problem still though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Yes, they are connected correctly, VF sent me a new router recently as they said it could be faulty, problem still though.

Apparantly lots of problems with VF "inexpensive" r;)uters.

• Advertisement
Advertisement