Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reccomendations for wireless router with bandwidth monitoring

Options
  • 19-02-2011 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

We currently share the broadband in my house with a mixture or wireless use and wired.

I would like at a minimum to be able to measure the upload/download used on the WAN link with the aim of not exceeding the monthly limits on our broadband package.

A plus would be measuring by MAC address so i know who is doing the most downloading.

A bigger plus would be bandwidth control by mac address, so that i could prevent someone who is downloading from killing the connection for the rest of us. Also the ability to block a MAC address on the wired as well as the wireless would be good so i could cut off anyone using too much.

I currently have a dlink dwl4300, which does not appear to be compaitble with Tomatoe or dd-wrt firmware, which from the little i have read online are the best options for bandwidth monitoring??.

As such i am looking for a new wireless router which will allow either the use of either of these firmwares or which would have built in capabilities.

I don't want to have to use an external box for any of this, it all has to be done in the router. I do however have a NAS which could be used to store stat files which i beleive would be required for tomatoe.

Are the any reccomendation for wireless routers which would meet some/all of my needs?

Advertisement