Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has everyone received their polling cards?

• 19-02-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭

I haven't received mine, so on the off chance, just checked the register of electors for Waterford City and I'm not bloody on it!

Now, I voted in the last few general elections/referenda and my address hasn't changed since. No one has called to the house to update the register, nor have I received any forms to update my details since the last GE, so I'm wondering why my name is not appearing there any more.

Is it now too late for me to register my details?? I'll go mad if I can't vote in this election :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Not yet, although I am on the register. Should we have received it by now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It is too late I'm afraid to be put onto any supplemental register. Would there have been a possibility of you entering your address incorrectly and did you check if anyone else in the house is registered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Many people have. There was even an extra post today!

AdMMM, my address was entered correctly (did it 4 times!) and no one else in the house is registered to vote.

I'm really confused as to why my details have suddenly ceased to be on the register.

I'll have to ask the auld one when I get home. Maybe we got them and she has them put away.

dlofnep wrote: »
    Not yet, although I am on the register. Should we have received it by now?
    The polling cards are in the process of being sent out. I'm guessing Tuesday would be the latest date you should expect receive them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Today, bring your driving licence!

Isn't someone supposed to call round to each address in the borough to update these details every year (although I can only recall this happening once in the 9 years since I've lived here), or is left up to the individual to have to update their own details before each election (again, have not had to do this myself in the past and have received my polling card every time).

I'm really upset about this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭doopa

I still haven't received mine - new registration. However a polling card for the previous resident has arrived? Any ideas what to do - wait and see if one shows up?

mike65 wrote: »
    Today, bring your driving licence!

Do you mean I can still register today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No I got my card today. Its too late to register, check below.

www.checktheregister.ie

• Advertisement

AdMMM wrote: »
    The polling cards are in the process of being sent out. I'm guessing Tuesday would be the latest date you should expect receive them.

Cheers

Nobody answering the phone for the number given on that site. Fucking typical city council.

I am livid about this...just don't understand what happened this time round, why I'm not on the register. Aaaarrrrgh!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Got mine from County Council today!

Crisis averted....with some much appreciated help from the wonderful AdMMM, I have discovered I am in fact registered, just that my name is spelled incorrectly.

Sometimes I really love Boards.ie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Crisis averted....with some much appreciated help from the wonderful AdMMM, I have discovered I am in fact registered, just that my name is spelled incorrectly.

Sometimes I really love Boards.ie :D

I wonder where they get their info? My name is fine, but my address is a complete mess. The only time my address is written in the manner they do is when I get a polling card.

Well done to my postman, they don't make it easy for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

I got my polling card thurs or fri. I'm in ballygunner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

got mine this morning

Mine still hasn't arrived :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

mine just came in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Got ours this morning (County).

That online checker was miles out, we couldn't find ourselves on it but as we'd got the Nice treaty cards through to our address we thought we had to be on the register.

SSE

• Advertisement

Got mine today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

not a sausage, but ya don't really need em just bring i.d. and a rifle.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

I got two, girlfriend got two and my sister got three!

I got two, girlfriend got two and my sister got three!
    Don't tell Sinn Fein that!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

They might give us a lift to the polling station!!!

They might give us a lift to the polling station!!!
    But a round trip of all the polling-stations in Waterford would take ages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

But a round trip of all the polling-stations in Waterford would take ages!

mine arrived today, the missus last sat. My mother says one arrived at hers for me aswell! Is there a law against voting twice?
    This is ridiculuous, can you imagine the amount of politicians that are onto this and have doubles all over the place!

Yes it's against the law to vote twice!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

got mine last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

Yes it's against the law to vote twice!!!!

but is it enforced, policed, whats the punishment? Im convinced that this practice must be rampant if I managed to get two cards without even trying?
    Talk about a bananna republic, unless someone here convinces me otherwise im voting twice on friday.

Advertisement