Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has everyone received their polling cards?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

I'm on the register but still haven't received my polling card. iirc though you can go to the polling station with a passport or driving licence and as long as you are on the list you will be allowed vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

Murtinho wrote: »
    but is it enforced, policed, whats the punishment? Im convinced that this practice must be rampant if I managed to get two cards without even trying?
    Talk about a bananna republic, unless someone here convinces me otherwise im voting twice on friday.

Voting twice made the baby jesus cry :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

So if you got two polling cards for different addresses, you could in theory present yourself at two different polling stations, vote away and nobody would be the wiser! I wonder what the punishment is.

/goes to Google

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

Polling cards arrived in sorting offices only last week and An Post have until Thursday to deliver them all, serious issues in presentation to An Post probably delayed delivery....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

im in the same position as Dakcrystal i voted before so am on the register and have not changed address.
    just checked register and its telling me im not on it.
    confused now, can i still go with ID to polling station?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

SUNGOD wrote: »
    im in the same position as Dakcrystal i voted before so am on the register and have not changed address.

I couldn't find myself on that website and my card came during the week. I'd say chance going down with your passport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

i'm on the register but still no card. don't think my sister got one either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

I'm told your don't need the card to vote just bring ID

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Faq wrote: »
    I'm told your don't need the card to vote just bring ID

Yeah that's correct. As long as your name is on the register the polling officer is looking at, you can vote with photo ID, although I think they want to see a driver's license or passport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

SUNGOD wrote: »

It seems whoever compiles these registers has trouble spelling. Turned out my name was on it, just spelled incorrectly.

Like others have said, best to go down with photo ID as chances are, you are on it somewhere.

Oh, and I eventually got my polling card yesterday!

• Advertisement
Advertisement