Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky+ HD box size

• 19-02-2011 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how can you tell the recording space of a Sky+ HD box in either recording hours or MB/GB size? Couldn't tell from the Sky menu.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

No, it only shows percentage of space left (along the top of the planner).

It'd be nigh on impossible, I guess, to show remaining recording hours, due to channels having different bitrates, varying the amount of space needed.

It would be possible to show remaining GB, though Sky seem to have deemed it unnecessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Alright, I see what you mean about the remaining recording space. But how could you tell the difference between a 1TB box and the regular box? There is nowhere on the menu that says "this is a 1TB box".

I just got a 1TB box - its smaller than a regular box, the user interface/software is faster and the % indicator takes longer to fill up when I record stuff.

But there is no where on the menu or on the box itself that tells me that its a 1TB box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

It says "1TB" beneath the front panel controls, next to the DVB and Dolby Digital logos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Cheers - just spotted it.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Even the newer standard Amstrad Sky+HD boxes are a fair bit smaller than older boxes. Don't know if it's the same with other brands, as we seem to mainly get Amstrad now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement