Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game Gear wont power up

• 19-02-2011 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi. I bought a Game Gear off adverts yesterday, and the ad said "Sega Game Gear, not working unfortunately. Turns on, but the screen doesn't always work properly." I get no power light from Battery or Power Adapter. Please help.......Who is our game gear guy here ?????

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e2633600c26e02ccdc92f3dbd9dcb70d6e4aae.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's more than likely bad capacitors. You'll need to have a cap kit done on it. Usually if effects the sound and the picture, but I've read about then not powering on because of it too.

The symptoms the guy was talking about in the ad are bad caps..so maybe they have just since gotten worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I've learned over the years, that if something is described other than "Working", then assume it's broke. All the "most of the time" type talk is just to cover the seller.

The console needs caps replaced I would think, the GameGear is otherwise a sturdy little thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Ok the GG now powers up using a mega drive power supply. ( tested for a second, read on the web to try ), so the battery connections must have gone internally, and my 9v adapter works on other hand helds) . All I get is a black and white screen even with game cartridge in.

So it looks like the Caps have gone. I am no good at this type of thing....Who would be the guy to take a look at this.

Advertisement