If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG37LE4900 / 4500

Options
  • 19-02-2011 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm looking for a LED TV and am interested in the LG models referenced above; could you share any details you have on these TV's, and possibly also any other similar models in price range?

Kind Regards,
    yekcim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Yekcim

Richer Sounds are showing the LG 37LE4900 in stock (they dont show the LE4500 on file - this may be an older model I'd guess)

They have it on file for £499.95.

have a chat with the lads in store and they will be able to look after you.

i'm afraid I, The Philips Shop, dont have an 37" LED TV at this price point, but I can offer up the following Philips 37" TV's to tempt you

I have the standard LCD TV the Philips 37PFL5405H - a very good TV it is.
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/32pfl8605h_12_pss_eng.pdf
    This sells for €599.99 in store

or the very excellent 37PFL7605H - this is an LED Edge Lit LCD TV
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/37pfl7605h_12_pss_eng.pdf
    This is a wonderful TV and well worth stretching the budget for (I think anyway:))

Both the Philips TV's are on display in The Philips SHop in Dublin if you'd like to check 'em out

If any of the Philips TV's take your fancy just let me know - i'll do a nice price for you.

Have a good weekend
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Yeckmin.

The 42LE4500 we have had previously, but unfortunately they are now discontinued and the we await the new model.

To be honest, the difference between the LG 37LE4900 and the 42LE4500 is fairly big.

The picture on the 37 is sharper and appears to have a better contrast, the LE4900 also has the netcast facility for web browsing, freeview HD tuner, DLNA streaming capabilities,

The way that I would look at these 2 TV's is if it's quality that you are after, the 37LE4900 is a much better buy, but the 42 was a bigger TV for less money.

If I were buying a TV, I would go for quality over size.

There is also an LG 42LE5900 which is £649.95. This is the next step up again.

I hope this helps but please let me know if we can be of any further assistance.

ATB

Dave

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Yeckmin.

The 42LE4500 we have had previously, but unfortunately they are now discontinued and the we await the new model.

To be honest, the difference between the LG 37LE4900 and the 42LE4500 is fairly big.

The picture on the 37 is sharper and appears to have a better contrast, the LE4900 also has the netcast facility for web browsing, freeview HD tuner, DLNA streaming capabilities,

The way that I would look at these 2 TV's is if it's quality that you are after, the 37LE4900 is a much better buy, but the 42 was a bigger TV for less money.

If I were buying a TV, I would go for quality over size.

There is also an LG 42LE5900 which is £649.95. This is the next step up again.

I hope this helps but please let me know if we can be of any further assistance.

ATB

Dave

Let me just add my useless input as well!

The 37LE4900 we can do at £479.95 now...and it's available to ship today..

The 42LE4900 is also available from stock and is just £499.95...

We also have one 37LE5300 that I can do at £479.99 and the 37LE5900 at £599.99 :cool:

And I also have one 37LD490 that I can clear at £399.95..(If you are in the ROI I'm not 110% sure that that model is MPEG4/MHEG5 compliant!)

(You are probably completely confused now...)

Anyway drop us a line if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.