Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

high latency on local net with IIS

• 19-02-2011 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭

I have IIS running about a dozen sites on my home net and it's killing my network speed.

I've set up restrictions on each of the sites:

max connections 20
    max bandwidth 1024 b/s

I've also set any other options in fast-cgi and their app pools to be as efficient as possibe but still high latency is the result.

I ran perfmon.exe and even when there's nothing happing on the server I get this problem - no traffic in/out, active connections ~500, connections in use <10 ? When IIS is disconnected all returns to normal...

The server is on the same sub-net as the rest of the PC's at home, and the cable router offers no provisions to segregate to a sub-net.

Is the server being on the same sub-net my problem, or am I missing something:confused:

Advertisement