Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

st patricks day parade dublin

• 19-02-2011 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭

hi folks,
    mods if this isn't the right section please feel free to move, just thought it might be best suited to here.
    Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions or thoughts there willing to share on the best way to photograph the parade in Dublin? I know its a while away yet but sure its better to ask early than just randomly turning up on the day in hope... I'd love to be able to get a press pass for the day but since i reckon so would most people who are there for the pictures the likelihood of being able to wiggle into the parade to take photos is pretty slim? Does anyone know of any particularly good viewing spots or nice backdrop areas for the photos? last year i ended up having to constantly jostle with someone who kept pushing in front even though i'd be standing at the road side barrier well in advance and avoiding that would be nice, though i know its like choosing to go standing in the rain and then complaining about getting wet, its a packed day out and its usually goin to happen :) It was just at the back of the central bank so there was plenty of nice crowd shots but being able to get one or two front on photos of the sections coming through would be pretty cool so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I had a pass for last years parade but it was mental busy in the city, going to cover some of the smaller local ones this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭Stitch09

Did you organise the pass yourself or through work? Yeah was thinking about doing the same and going local this year but just for the variety alone i'd love to get into the thick of the dublin one. Might settle for same kind of plan as last year and then try catch some of the later ones like the one in lucan which usually runs later...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Bring your camera, get a good spot en route, and take some picts. Simple as that. No pass required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Stitch09 wrote: »
    Did you organise the pass yourself or through work? Yeah was thinking about doing the same and going local this year but just for the variety alone i'd love to get into the thick of the dublin one. Might settle for same kind of plan as last year and then try catch some of the later ones like the one in lucan which usually runs later...

I organised it through a magazine I freelance for.

Were there not photo passes of some description given out on here last year to anyone who wanted them?

• Advertisement
Advertisement