Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florida J-1

Options
  • 19-02-2011 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Hay guys anyone know if there are many students around florida for the summer, Im heading over with two mates and we are kind of looking at Miami and Fort Lauderdale, we are wondering where would be best for a few students and where would be best to avoid or the best to go to,

any advice would be brilliant :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

DDDDIIIIISSSNNNNEYYYYYLAAAAAAANNND!!!!
    only joking :)
    Well, Miami is great for students and going out, but in looks it aint really what you would expect. They beach from stretches for miles and is lovely, but beyond that its just... meh.
    Fort Lauderdale is just the sh!t! I love it. beautiful town.
    so really for a student either of em is good. I did find ft Lauderdale to be a bit cheaper, and also west palm beach is closer :)

I worked in applebees off I4 in Kissemmee, Orl a couple years back. pay was ****e, tips were good but I got to go to Disneyworld everyday!

GL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 theosayers

ddef wrote: »
    Well, Miami is great for students and going out, but in looks it aint really what you would expect. They beach from stretches for miles and is lovely, but beyond that its just... meh.
    so really for a student either of em is good. I did find ft Lauderdale to be a bit cheaper, and also west palm beach is closer :)

I worked in applebees off I4 in Kissemmee, Orl a couple years back. pay was ****e, tips were good but I got to go to Disneyworld everyday!

GL.

LOLZZZZ :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

ahhhhhhhh, to be young!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

ddef wrote: »

GL.

Hay kind of responding late here but Id say Im getting a internship in fort Lauderdale do you have any idea what the minimum wage is and how expensive it is to rent there.

anyone else heading there let me know, me and two other lads are heading over. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 achick91

my dad owns a house in hollywood(florida)...but im goin on j1 to orlando for the summer....Rent would defo be cheaper for u guys in ft lauderdale as miami is overpriced for everything....theres decent bus systems too if u live in central areas that go to all the big malls like aventura and sawgrass and into Miami city with regular services during the day so u could look for jobs there too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement