Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Value Hairdressers?

Options
  • 19-02-2011 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I usually head to Alfies for a trim but tbh for all I get off me hair the 12 euro price I think is fairly steep.
    What hairdressers in town do people find the best value and dont butcher your hair?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

polish guy is excellent at the top of high street - next door to zam zams - gregorz i think is his name - takes his time and charges a tenner - he used to be on tobergal lane

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I got charged 12 euro for my son to get his hair cut in Alfies. Not impressed. Last time he got it done in Enniskillen for £7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

magnumlady wrote: »
    I got charged 12 euro for my son to get his hair cut in Alfies. Not impressed. Last time he got it done in Enniskillen for £7
    £7 plus exchange rate plus cost of going to Enniskillen??????
    I prefer to shop local. At least the money is staying in our economy where its badly needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

red sean wrote: »
    £7 plus exchange rate plus cost of going to Enniskillen??????
    I prefer to shop local. At least the money is staying in our economy where its badly needed.

We just happened to be there for the day and the barbers is also a railway museum so was a big novelty for my son.
    Normally he always gets his hair done in Sligo, but I do think 12 euro is expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

there was a lady out in cartron that used to do it for 8 she has a studio in her house not sure does she still do though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I used to pay about £5 (punts), anything up to £10 sterling when I lived in london.
    Sligored wrote: »
    polish guy is excellent at the top of high street - next door to zam zams - gregorz i think is his name - takes his time and charges a tenner - he used to be on tobergal lane

Go to barbars/hairdressers very seldom now, usally do my own but would say a tenner would now be the average. A set of your own clippers will be paid for within a few uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

i know you asked for sligo town but cliffoney hair & beaty does gents&child cut for €10. alan used to work in peter mark and opened up his own place in cliffoney a few months ago. i know lots of people that go to him and they are never disappointed. i go to him for nearly 6years now, can highly recommend!

Advertisement