Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patti Smith plays Cork X Southwest 2011

Options
  • 19-02-2011 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Cork X Southwest are delighted to announce that Patti Smith will be perfroming at this years event. The festival has undergone significant changes this year. It is now a 2 day festival and takes place in the Lissard House estate in Skibbereen on June 4th and 5th 2011. Many will remember those amazing gigs in the late 90,s at Lissard and this year promises to be an event not to be missed, filled with top class music, art and entertainment. Tickets for the event will be on sale shortly and more details of line up etc will follow soon. www.corkxsw.com www.lissardresort.com ,cork x southwest on facebook for updates and info
    website is being worked on at present so apologies for lack of substance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Am thinking of heading to this.

Heard only good things about previous festivals there. Echo & the Bunnymen and Patti Smith could make for two very good performances and the setting is supposed to be stunning.

Anyone else ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 culturevulture

bullpost wrote: »
    Am thinking of heading to this.

Heard only good things about previous festivals there. Echo & the Bunnymen and Patti Smith could make for two very good performances and the setting is supposed to be stunning.

Anyone else ?

I was there in the 90's watching Patti as well as John Martyn (R.I.P.) Lou Reed Nick Cave Spiritualized and many more. You are correct when you say it is a stunning location. Great that its being revived and a few interesting rumours floating around about possible artists. I see Yuck have been added today. A good move me thinks. Will definitely be there one day at least. I love West Cork

Was putting this on the long finger but just booked tickets.

If anyone is thinking of going , today is the last day of the early bird offer i.e. a ticket for 79 euros.

Looking forward to this now.
    Weather looks good.

Peter Hook and the Light have been added to the bill and will be on before Echo & the Bunnymen. They are doing the entire Unknown Pleasures Joy Division album so should be interesting.

Also Patti Smith appearing with full band - initially thought this was just her unaccompanied, which I didnt fancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 aidanoliver photography

Here is a link to some of my favourite pics captured along with a slideshow of some shots taken during the two days. It was simply amazing.

http://aidanoliverphotography.wordpress.com/2011/06/09/d/

Enjoy,

aidanoliver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 annmariew

Any word on the festival coming back this year??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Was it not changed back to Liss Ard festival, thats what they called it last year anyway.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056701318

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement