Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag Week???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭iii Stevo iii

Wheres the place to be tonight? club k is the obvious choice but I'm thinking somewhere less packed with rowdy lads, maybe cps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

Can anyone tell me is gmit rag week starting this monday, i know nui is starting the 28th, just wondering if gmit is week before or after

I never went to college,,,sigh! :mad:

What is rag week?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭jugger

raise a grand week it was all about raiseing money for charity now its all about raiseing money for vfi (vintners federation ireland) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

What is rag week?

Its a week every month when a girl goes through her menstrual cycle.

As you can see it causes all sorts of problems, Im not surprised people arent looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

ColHol wrote: »
    Its a week every month when a girl goes through her menstrual cycle.

As you can see it causes all sorts of problems, Im not surprised people arent looking forward to it

I overheard some students saying they were going to paint the town red.

This explains a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

jugger wrote: »
    raise a grand week it was all about raiseing money for charity now its all about raiseing money for vfi (vintners federation ireland) :D

Is it not 'raise and give'?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

The NUIG rag week is only talked about so much because of the amount of hype that is created around it.

Really? Why then did the cops had to pay 10k per day last year for extra patrols *and* station the Mobile Command Unit in the Spannie during the day and Eyre Square at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭jugger

maybe i was told it was raise a grand though but its prob just depends who you ask tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

mars bar wrote: »
    We had our RAG Week in Limerick IT last week and a lot people were saying they were waiting for the NUIG Rag Week to really go on the lash! :eek:
    It's got quite the reputation.

This is why its difficult to blame the 'native' students/colleges when its well known that students from outside are bussed in to go mad at various rag weeks across the country. Its twice as bad then because apart from the increased numbers there's no reason for someone from a different university to act responsibly. If they enforced a strict id policy of passport/garda id and student card or no entry for rag week it might start to curb this behaviour.

Really? Why then did the cops had to pay 10k per day last year for extra patrols *and* station the Mobile Command Unit in the Spannie during the day and Eyre Square at night?

In fairness this is pretty standard procedure for most big events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

In fairness this is pretty standard procedure for most big events.

It was NEVER standard for Rag Week. First time was last year, because of all the crap that happened the previous year. I'll dig up a link in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Sounds like that box social has rapidly declined into a hootenany!
    more like a Radcliff mixer gone wrong

I thought that NUIG had to cancel this year's RAG week because of everything that happened last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I thought that NUIG had to cancel this year's RAG week because of everything that happened last year?

RAG week in NUIG has officially been unsupported by the University since last year, and has been rebranded as College Week. But it pretty much amounts to the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

Very quiet so far this year compared to other years but i suppose mammy and daddy can't afford to give as much pocket money for drinkin anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

drum! wrote: »
    Very quiet so far this year compared to other years but i suppose mammy and daddy can't afford to give as much pocket money for drinkin anymore.

Wait until next week, you'll be eating those words

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

I said "so far this week" so dont think ill need to be eating any words. This years GMIT rag week has been very quiet compared to other years but NUIG's is always busier as everyone knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

that's the point I was making. They're so close together that the vast majority are waiting until next week

Advertisement