Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyboard Broken After a Month - Harvey Norman

Options
  • 19-02-2011 6:14pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Howdy, just wondering where I stand in this.

I recently (About a month ago) purchased a Mircrosoft Keyboard from Harvey Normans and all of a sudden today a number of keys stopped working.
    I dont think I have the reciept but I do have the box which has the Harvey norman sticker (price and so on) on it.
    Would that be enough to fall back on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Yakult wrote: »

I recently (About a month ago) purchased a Mircrosoft Keyboard from Harvey Normans and all of a sudden today a number of keys stopped working.
    I dont think I have the reciept but I do have the box which has the Harvey norman sticker (price and so on) on it.

Box proves nothing really. I lost the receipt to my HP Laptop, that stopped working after 4 months. Luckily for me, Harveys had my details on record and repaired under the warranty.

But your case is different and probably not possible to get a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

How did you pay for it? It's quite possible that, if you can remember the day on which you bought it, they may be able to track the transaction. If you paid with a debit or credit card, you should be able to provide them with the details. I don't see why they shouldn't give you a replacement.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Box proves nothing really.

Well I was thinking (hoping) that they could scan the barcode which could possibly bring up the purchase history of it.
    ejmaztec wrote: »
    How did you pay for it? It's quite possible that, if you can remember the day on which you bought it, they may be able to track the transaction. If you paid with a debit or credit card, you should be able to provide them with the details. I don't see why they shouldn't give you a replacement.

Paid with cash, but yeah I was thinking that. Dont they normally keep copies of the receipt?

I just realised that my experience was in PC World and they took my name and address with the purchase of my HP Laptop. Harvey's is another story. It's a long shot, but maybe they might be helpfull.;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Got in contact with them today and they said they will replace it no bother. Fair play to them :)

• Advertisement

Got in contact with them today and they said they will replace it no bother. Fair play to them :)

Go Harvey, Go.:)

Advertisement