Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

voice message help

Options
  • 19-02-2011 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

hi guys,im wondering how to transfer a voice message to my pc,i have a phone belonging to my sister who died on the 2/feb this year,my sister left a message on her phone and im hoping to save it before her acc with meteor is gone,its a nice humorous message and id hate to lose it and would be great to hear her voice every now and then,i have tried to record it on my phone by placing the phones together but the sound is very low,if anyone has any ideas that would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

what you could do is if the phone has a 3.5mm headphone socket is get a cable that has a 3.5mm pin on each end (your local electrical shop should be able to help you with this for about €5), then plug one end into the phone, the other end into the microphone socket on your pc, open "sound recorder" if you're using windows. start sound recorder, dial the message minder on the phone, and record it to the computer.

what type of a phone is it? there is free software out there to record calls, or just while im on it, as this seems like a once off, you could try this site, one free trial call-

http://www.recordmycall.ie/?gclid=CKaC38yJlacCFQsTfAodHhEucA

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

thanks for the reply,i will get one of those leads,i had one a while back and might be able to find it,and i will have a look at that link,the phone is a nokia2730 thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

thanks for the reply,what i want to put on my pc is the voice message my sister left on her phone as a greeting,ie this is john doe here,im out at the moment,please leave a message after the beep,im not interested in the voicemails coming in,its only the greeting im trying to save,i think i will go in to a meteor shop tomorrow and see if i can use a memory card and transfer the file that way,they should have the know how,so its fingers crossed,regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

minterno wrote: »
    thanks for the reply,what i want to put on my pc is the voice message my sister left on her phone as a greeting,ie this is john doe here,im out at the moment,please leave a message after the beep,im not interested in the voicemails coming in,its only the greeting im trying to save,i think i will go in to a meteor shop tomorrow and see if i can use a memory card and transfer the file that way,they should have the know how,so its fingers crossed,regards

I believe that the voice mail greeting is stored on the network rather than the handset.

However, if Meteor are worth their salt in customer care they should go out of their way to help you on this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

xsiborg, i got one of those cables and hooked it up but it will record her call tone but wont record the voice for some reason
    Captain Morgan,i have a built in recorder but their is no option in options to record
    BrianD,I got on to meteor this morning and was told it's impossible and cant be done but the guy i was dealing with was no more clued up than myself so i will try emailing them but would be surprised if i got any help,it took me 2 week's to get the pin for the phone off them,i was dealing with two very nice girls but they were up the walls and it would take days before an email would be answered
    thanks for the help guys and will post here if i get a result,regards

Advertisement