Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Powerpoint question

• 19-02-2011 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Howdy all,

Sorry for posting this silly question but i need some help. I am usless with computers and have to do a presentation for next week and got a little help with it.

The presentation is done and my friend who did it on his PC emailed it to me and said to just edit it so that that instead of the pages being full of text that i can edit to to have each sentance appear when i click on the mouse.

Can anyone advise a poor gobsh1te can this be done?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 Losphel

The only silly questions are the ones not asked! The most important parts are highlighted in red.

Basically what you need to do is add a custom animation. I use OpenOffice so it will probably vary slightly compared with PowerPoint. It also depends on the version of PowerPoint that you are using (2007 has a completely different interface than previous versions.)

I am going to assume you are using PowerPoint 2007 or later. Firstly, select the object (highlight the text or textbox) and click on the Animations tab (it's on the menu bar beside Home, Design, etc.)
    Then select Custom Animation and then Add Effect. You will get a whole load of different options. Select, for example, Box and then Entrance. You should probably get a Fly In option, so try and use that one.

After that a window should appear with Start, Direction and Speed. For Start, use the drop down arrow and select On Click. This means that the text will appear when you click the mouse. Direction means which direction the text will come from and Speed is the speed at which the text will appear. Adjust the settings to your liking.

I might be forgetting a few things here, but I'm sure there are plenty of youtube videos that could help you out, although the best way of learning is to play around with the settings and see what happens.

Hopefully this was of some help to you.

Advertisement