Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queue outside o2 today?

• 19-02-2011 7:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Was in the crescent earlier, walked past o2 and there was a massive line going back down to J&J. I asked the fella behind the counter in GameStop what was going on, he said they were giving away free phones. Any reason why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

they gave out free samsung galaxy europa if you ported to 02 from other networks just by topping up by 20e.....good one!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

My housemate and his girlfriend got one each! Sweet deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

Damn why didnt I hear about this. Wish I got one lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

joanofarc wrote: »
    they gave out free samsung galaxy europa if you ported to 02 from other networks just by topping up by 20e.....good one!:D

Gahh!! I only bought one (samsung galaxy europa) from the 02 store in the Crescent a few weeks ago after having a ****ty phone for years.
    Its an amazing little phone with the amount of stuff, packed into it even for the regular price of it,
    its only a shame they dont have a capacitive screen rather than a resistive one.

Lovely little things but gets very annoying when it beebs/vibrates to tell you
    its charged, keeps alerting you to any emails, Battery life sucks big time even
    with blue-tooth and wireless turned off, and the scariest thing is its got a fecking virus scanner thats alerted me 3 times already to suspicious this and suspicious that even though I've only made a few calls to the girlfriend on it.

Very weird to think that Phones come with virus scanners nowadays.

~B

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

bullets wrote: »
    Gahh!! I only bought one (samsung galaxy europa) from the 02 store in the Crescent a few weeks ago after having a ****ty phone for years.
    Its an amazing little phone with the amount of stuff, packed into it even for the regular price of it,
    its only a shame they dont have a capacitive screen rather than a resistive one.

I was wondering about that phone actually, do you know if it has predictive text as Gaeilge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I was wondering about that phone actually, do you know if it has predictive text as Gaeilge?

I changed the local language to Irish and all menu's and the text menu when sending messages appeared As Gaeilge. (Then I panicked trying to get it back to something I could read) the swpe settings does not have an Irish selection though so the predictive text wont predict in Irish

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

bullets wrote: »
    I changed the local language to Irish and all menu's and the text menu when sending messages appeared As Gaeilge. (Then I panicked trying to get it back to something I could read) the swpe settings does not have an Irish selection though so the predictive text wont predict in Irish

~B

Oh how i snorted....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Wow that's a pretty good deal! I wish I had heard of it my boyfriend could of gotten a new phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Was this only for bill phone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Damn it. Only bought one on Friday:mad:. Originally was getting it in town but they had none in stock but apparently the one in the Crescent had 27 in stock compared to 2 in the Parkway, must have been trying to get rid of stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

no it was for payg....you just had to switch to o2 and top up by 20e. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

joanofarc wrote: »
    no it was for payg....you just had to switch to o2 and top up by 20e. :D

Ah nuts what a great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭stevethewraith

Was there any advertising for this at all?
    Annoyed that i missed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Anyone know if this deal will come around again sometime? How are they making a profit when it is PAYG?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

They do this in the stores from time to time they did it again on Sunday, it was a pain stood in line with people panicking and pushing, Grown men pushing small children out of the way so they could get their free phone 5 mins sooner. People arguing with the poor PR staff about where they were in the line. The PR guys got called every name under the sun for not giving some one who walked up after the offer ended a free phone. The racist card even got pulled out. A huge mess.

You had to show on your phone that it was your normal phone but some people for some unknown reason started swapping their phones for an older one (O2 were not taking your normal phone off you so there was no need to swap it) When they got to the top of the queue they had no texts on the old phone so couldnt get the free one !! Then they started shouting about queuing for 2 hours.

Ive never seen such a frenzy for something free. The queue was stopped behind me yet people kept joining even though the PR guy said they wouldnt get a phone, and they started blatantly lying saying they had queued for the last hour even though 2 mins earlier there was no one standing there, or that it was because of the colour of their skin !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Is the deal over now, i'm pay as you go with o2 and I've had an o2 phone for six years now, do I get a free phone? :)

Advertisement