Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easons closing it's georges St branch and relocating to marine road.

Options
  • 19-02-2011 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I noticed a property to let sign at the Easons branch on georges St, looks like they are moving lock stock and barrel to the former H&H site on marine road.

Is this a wise move after being on Georges St for decades?

The Georges St branch was handy to grab a magazine or newspaper if you were waiting for a bus heading into town as you could see in the distance if a bus was coming.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

The Marine Road Branch is probably closer to the 46a bus stop outside the centre I suppose....it'd be a bit silly to have two Easons in such close proximity to each other from a business point of view I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

George's St premises is a fantastic location. I wonder what'll move in in its place...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I'd imagine they are well established in the Marine Road location now, plus they have a poplar coffee shop upstairs. TBH, any time I have been in them, the Marine Road shop seems to be more popular. It's certainly a nicer atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Tabnabs wrote: »
    I'd imagine they are well established in the Marine Road location now, plus they have a poplar coffee shop upstairs. TBH, any time I have been in them, the Marine Road shop seems to be more popular. It's certainly a nicer atmosphere.

I have to agree with you Tabnabs, the Marine Road shop is so much easier on the eye and is a lot more visually appealing than the old shop. Plus the layout upstairs is quite nice whereas the old store had a very 'narrow corridor' feel to it.

@RonDMC, it will be interesting alright to see what goes in and I really hope it doesn't remain vacant. A new jewellers opened up a few doors down where the old bank on the corner used to be and they did up the exterior very well, so hopefully it will be the start of new tenants arriving in Dun L.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Was there on Sunday about 3pm and was jammed. People having a chat, having a coffe adn bit of lunch, while meandering into the book section perking their interests and maybe a few casual readers will pick up a book they otherwise woudlnt have.

Im all for the new location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

I have to agree with you Tabnabs, the Marine Road shop is so much easier on the eye and is a lot more visually appealing than the old shop. Plus the layout upstairs is quite nice whereas the old store had a very 'narrow corridor' feel to it.

@RonDMC, it will be interesting alright to see what goes in and I really hope it doesn't remain vacant. A new jewellers opened up a few doors down where the old bank on the corner used to be and they did up the exterior very well, so hopefully it will be the start of new tenants arriving in Dun L.

Sadly, Facet Jewellers have actually left an empty unit further up the street.

Hallmark are having a closing down sale too :(

On a positive note, the new café beside Shaws looks really nice. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Maybe tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Was in there myself couple of weeks back, its nice and clean and staff are friendly. Menu has decent variety and simple choices. I had a crepe and a smoothie myself. Cant comment on the hot-food really because the other people I went it with had cakes/pie's etc etc

Advertisement