Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dit elections

Options
  • 19-02-2011 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

So is anyone following the elections in dit. Im running my self.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Audiomad wrote: »
    So is anyone following the elections in dit. Im running my self.

I doubt people really care tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Audiomad

They should do it all comes down to picking the best person to stand up for the rights of the students

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

What are you running for?

Voltwad wrote: »
    What are you running for?

Vp of asa "academic and student affairs" http://on.fb.me/gK1UPU

Ah yes Barry, heard you at the Hustings last week in Aungier St. I'm running for Convenor there so I can't really comment any further but best of luck :)

• Advertisement

Voltwad wrote: »
    Ah yes Barry, heard you at the Hustings last week in Aungier St. I'm running for Convenor there so I can't really comment any further but best of luck :)

Best of luck to you too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Best of luck guys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dwaegon

There's already a thread about elections! This is gonna make me maaaad!!!

Best of luck guys :D

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Is it just me?
    Or does any one else find the videos made by many candidates to be completely idiotic and something that leaving cert student would make. Not stating any real reasons what their going to do or how or when.

Im more focused on voting for those people who havent made stupid videos and spent more time and making a plan for their campaign rather than jumping around in front of a cam!

• Advertisement

Is it just me?
    Or does any one else find the videos made by many candidates to be completely idiotic and something that leaving cert student would make. Not stating any real reasons what their going to do or how or when.

Im more focused on voting for those people who havent made stupid videos and spent more time and making a plan for their campaign rather than jumping around in front of a cam!

I my self have not made any video's but 22,000 students are a lot of votes having video's is just a way to get seen a little more.

I have to say its very tiring going around talking to everyone / putting up posters and giving out flyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Yeah theres nothing wrong with a video staing your goals and policies and throwing in a couple of jokes.

But i havent seen one video from candidates that was one bit funny or clearly stated why should they be elected or re elected

It just said "PICK ME"

Rather than spending time making videos, I have been doing class addresses and talking to students on a one to one basis. There is no substitute for talking to people face to face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

You can get info on all the candidates in the new issue of Toast, can be picked up from SU offices and where else they leave them around. If you want a bit more than a poster or a youtube video.

I will be on Aungier St. again for a few hours tomorrow before I go home to vote. Anyone based there with any queries can PM me and I'll meet them for a cuppa :)

My manifesto - http://issuu.com/glennfitzpatrick/docs/manifesto_fitzpatrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CULLEN4Prez

Hi,

There's a thread containing my manifesto etc here: and you can ask me questions about my policies etc. :)

I've been doing class addresses and meeting students one on one to talk to them. As the Vice President this year I know talking to students face to face is the most important thing.

I do have two videos up but they are for a laugh, to get some attention and talk around the campaign. However I am a serious candidate as you will see from my manifesto, which is in Toast magazine, on ditsu.ie, on the Boards thread above and on facebook.com/CULLEN4Prez.

If you want to PM me Id be more than happy to meet you if you would like.

Advertisement