Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1000 Gaming Build

Options
  • 18-02-2011 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi lads, I'm looking for a gaming PC but I don't have enough knowledge to be confident in my decisions. I've never built a PC before but I'm willing to learn if it saves me some money, should be a great experience too. I've up to €1000 to spend but I'd prefer it cheaper, obviously. :)

I've read some of the posts here and I'm still somewhat at a loss. What I'm looking for is something like

Good Graphics Card - it should support Direct X11, (Nvidia geforce 470 GTX?)
    Hex-core or Quad-core CPU from 3ghz
    8Gb Memory
    1TB+ HDD (I don't mind less if it saves enough money)
    Case with 600W+ power supply
    Wireless-n & Gigabit Ethernet Port.
    USB3
    Esata
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    A nice big case so that I can upgrade easily in the future.

I'm willing to stick with my own peripherals and monitor for now and will upgrade them in future so it's really just the tower I'm concerned with at the moment.
    I've checked the usual sites, Dell and whatnot but I'm just not happy with what's on offer.

Any help would be great, I really don't know what I'm doing. lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

148718.png

+ delivery €30. Hardwareversand.de only take bank transfers or paypal (+3% surcharge).

Homeplugs are recommended instead of wireless with your spare money.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pazma

Yeah, I guess I over stepped the 'budget' part a bit. lol. I'll check out that machine, will post again if I purchase to let you know how I get on. Thank you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

why do you need 8gb of ram btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pazma

why do you need 8gb of ram btw?

I just don't want to have to upgrade that for a long, long time. My current machine only has 512MB and not a day goes by that I don't feel like throwing it out the window. Also I'd like to use it for video editing, photoshop etc and it's my understanding that these run much better with higher RAM.

Advertisement