Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for advice re small tractor

• 19-02-2011 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭

background is have been landed with court assigned management of 150 acre farm, half will be tilled for spring barley and half is under young forest which has not been managed so is non commercial.

farming will all be contracted out.

it has been suggested that I get some mechanised vehicle to allow me drive around the perimeter.

The 3 suggested options were

quad
    6 wheeled john deere gaitor
    4 by 4

Walked the boundary yesterday and wonder whether the 4 by 4 would have sufficient ground clearance in spots, it is very bumpy in places

I was wondering about a small tractor.

Having done some research it might be a better option as with a small front loader could be used for maintenance and cleaning up around the house and farm buildings etc

Would welcome some suggestions please
    Much obliged

Advertisement