Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63d Alarm problem

Options
  • 19-02-2011 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

having a problem with an alarm going off, even without the system armed, always the same zone, which is one particular window. engineer says that it is a common fault and that we need to change the board. think this might be bull and that it is just a faulty sensor as it is a contact/magnetic sensor that has had the cover knocked off by a roller blind. if it is just the sensor where can i buy a replacement

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

What does it say on the keypad when you disarm it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Unless the keypad is showing C Fault I wouldn't worry about it being the panel.
    Even at that a default should be tried first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

GetBack wrote: »
    having a problem with an alarm going off, even without the system armed, always the same zone, which is one particular window. engineer says that it is a common fault and that we need to change the board. think this might be bull and that it is just a faulty sensor as it is a contact/magnetic sensor that has had the cover knocked off by a roller blind. if it is just the sensor where can i buy a replacement

If it was a common fault why does he not close off that zone and put the sensor on a different zone. Very good and reliable system when installed correctly. Sounds like he is looking for a handy upgrade. I would check the cable going to this device for any problems if you are having an issue with it. If you look here you might find a local supplier of the Astec components. If Astec is closer to you, you can pick up what you need in there, there address is Unit 31, IDA Centre, Pearse Street, Dubin 2, Phone: 01-670 4201.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭tdavfc

altor wrote: »
    If it was a common fault why does he not close off that zone and put the sensor on a different zone. Very good and reliable system when installed correctly. Sounds like he is looking for a handy upgrade. I would check the cable going to this device for any problems if you are having an issue with it. If you look here you might find a local supplier of the Astec components. If Astec is closer to you, you can pick up what you need in there, there address is Unit 31, IDA Centre, Pearse Street, Dubin 2, Phone: 01-670 4201.

Hi Altor,

You helped me out before many times and I was wondering could you help AGAIN!! A friend of mine has and ASTEC 63DV Alarm. Its reporting an error code 61 Call engineer Battery fault. Would you know what Battery this takes and where to get it around Dublin and cost roughly. Also is it easy to replace as he does have manual and the Engineer Code.

Many Thanks,
    TDAVFC

tdavfc wrote: »
    Hi Altor,

You helped me out before many times and I was wondering could you help AGAIN!! A friend of mine has and ASTEC 63DV Alarm. Its reporting an error code 61 Call engineer Battery fault. Would you know what Battery this takes and where to get it around Dublin and cost roughly. Also is it easy to replace as he does have manual and the Engineer Code.

Many Thanks,
    TDAVFC

More than happy to help :D

It is a 12v 2.2 amp battery he will need. If you check a few of the suppliers here you should get one close to you. More than happy to talk you through changing the battery if you need my help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭tdavfc

altor wrote: »
    More than happy to help :D

It is a 12v 2.2 amp battery he will need. If you check a few of the suppliers here you should get one close to you. More than happy to talk you through changing the battery if you need my help.

Hi Altor,

Can I annoy you again... Can you tell me what the actual Battery model number is as the guy getting it for me says there four options from electrical wholesaler. Is it LC-R122R2P Panasonic 12 Volt 2.2AH Battery??

Cheers,
    TD

tdavfc wrote: »
    Hi Altor,

Can I annoy you again... Can you tell me what the actual Battery model number is as the guy getting it for me says there four options from electrical wholesaler. Is it LC-R122R2P Panasonic 12 Volt 2.2AH Battery??

Cheers,
    TD

More than happy to help. Yes, that is the correct battery.

Advertisement