Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Def Leppard In Ireland - 2011

Options
  • 19-02-2011 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Joe Elliot was just interviewed on a US radio station (WAAF), quoted as saying from his home in Dublin that....
    we're doing a couple of shows over here and then we start in the States like mid-June I believe

He was also onstage in Dublin last night at Thin Lizzy

Anybody heard any rumblings about what venue and form this performance might take?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Maybe by "over here" he means Europe? If they do play Dublin I would expect a one or two night stint in The Olympia.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Maybe by "over here" he means Europe? If they do play Dublin I would expect a one or two night stint in The Olympia.

Could be but it would be unlikely he'd leave out Ireland since he mentioned recently he was impressed out how they filled the 02 in 2009 and he was eager to have that success repeated....a nice warm up show in Dublin would be good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Anybody heard any rumblings about what venue and form this performance might take?

How long will Cambell be tied up with the "Lizzy" tour ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

RayCon wrote: »

The European leg finished in the Olympia, they have a few dates in the States up to early April with the possibility of some dates at festivals during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Its about time they played Oxegen.. I know a lot of ye in here are not big fans of the muckfest but im sure they'd bring a huge crowd to the 2nd stage..would def make my mind up to go if they played the same day as the Foos:cool:

• Advertisement

Its about time they played Oxegen.. I know a lot of ye in here are not big fans of the muckfest but im sure they'd bring a huge crowd to the 2nd stage..would def make my mind up to go if they played the same day as the Foos:cool:

That is something that might tempt me to go to Oxegen for the day alright, them and the Foo Fighters

As someone has stated, plus added to that is Joe's project Down N Outz - supporting Paul Rodgers in the UK - that finishes up in late April as well

Plus you've got Man Raze, Phil's side project, but they seem to be pretty much on hiatus for the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

They've got a Download date in June and are also supporting Kings of Leon at Slane so i guess they'll do another few euro festivals at that time.

My understanding was that Campbell was always on 'loan' and would return to his main band when needed

scudzilla wrote: »
    They've got a Download date in June and are also supporting Kings of Leon at Slane so i guess they'll do another few euro festivals at that time.

I'd forgotten about the Download date

Where did you see that Thin Lizzy would support Kings of Leon at Slane? They're performing near to me, in Sunderland, and I'd love to go and see them at the off chance they have a good support band - if the Thin Lizzy thing was followed up in the UK I could get behind that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Where did you see that Thin Lizzy would support Kings of Leon at Slane? They're performing near to me, in Sunderland, and I'd love to go and see them at the off chance they have a good support band - if the Thin Lizzy thing was followed up in the UK I could get behind that

HotPress posted it on Friday afternoon that Lizzy would be supporting.

HotPress posted it on Friday afternoon that Lizzy would be supporting.

Just found the article now, interesting, although whether Campbell will still be available or not I don't know

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would love if they came back over . Missed them in the O2 there one of those bands i wanna see , would be a great idea for Oxegen but would be shocked if it happened

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

so this is where the oxegen rumour started....

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

Just seen this on the Def Leppard facebook page

June 7 at the Odyssey, Belfast (N.Ireland) & June 8 at the O2, Dublin (Eire). Both with special guests THIN LIZZY and ALICE COOPER!

RebelSoul wrote: »

June 7 at the Odyssey, Belfast (N.Ireland) & June 8 at the O2, Dublin (Eire). Both with special guests THIN LIZZY and ALICE COOPER!

Wow, what a line up!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

RebelSoul wrote: »

This is an awesome bill! Alice cooper hasn't played Dublin in like 6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

This is great news, having just seen the new Lizzy in the Olympia. I imagine Vivian Campbell will be double jobbing on the night. Another great night in the 02 just like the last Leppard gig which also had a great line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

What price are tickets??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

What price are tickets??

£41.50 for Belfast, €59.50 for Dublin.

What price are tickets??

Can't say. There is nothing up on ticketmaster yet and the Def Leppard website seems to be down. I'd imagine they will be in or around the 65euro mark.

£41.50 for Belfast, €59.50 for Dublin.

Typing at the same time.

• Advertisement

€59.50 & €69.50 for Dublin

Sounds like a plan, support from Alice Cooper and Thin Lizzy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'll probably head along to this, line up is as good as last time they played but hopefully they cut out the waiting between bands, dear god that was horrific

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Was so excited when i seen this on MCD.ie . Def going to this gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Delighted, my 6th time to see The Coop.Yay

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I'll defo be there! I was hoping Alice would play here on his last tour and he never did. Can't wait to see him. Seen the Lepps at there triple header with Whitesnake and Journey. They were brilliant. Can't wait for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I'll be interested to see the order. I'm hoping it will be Lizzy, Alice and the Leppard. I hope Alice has a longer set than Lizzy. Nothing against Lizzy now, looking forawrd to seeing them. Just want to see Alice more. Can't see Viv playing with Lepps right after his set with Lizzy.

CiaranK wrote: »
    I'll be interested to see the order. I'm hoping it will be Lizzy, Alice and the Leppard. I hope Alice has a longer set than Lizzy. Nothing against Lizzy now, looking forawrd to seeing them. Just want to see Alice more. Can't see Viv playing with Lepps right after his set with Lizzy.

Yeah, viv will do both, 45 min set wit Lizzy then a min 90min wait till Lep's are on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Might have to go to this just for Alice Cooper ... hhhmmmmmmm

Advertisement