Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Def Leppard In Ireland - 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I like Def Leppard but seeing them again so soon in The O2... isn't as exciting as when their last gig there was announced. Now I am very interested in seeing Alice Cooper, so I will probably go for that.

And the new Thin Lizzy lineup and recent gigs appear to be well received, even though it seems wrong to me to see them performing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I would love to see them live. Why did they pick the same date as the Junior cert though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 38,436 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would somebody not going to the gig and are o2 customers please send me a o2 pre sale code for this gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,671 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What is the ticket price?

Anyone get tickets in the pre sale dis morning ???. Says there are no tickets avalible on the pre sale page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anyone get tickets in the pre sale dis morning ???. Says there are no tickets avalible on the pre sale page.

I got a ticket this morning in the pre sale.

Maybe pre sale is sold out??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ticketsthere

Got my tickets this morning, this will be a Killer night (no pun intended :D)

Leppard - always a brilliant live show. Hits, hits and more hits with a few surprises always thrown in.

Alice Cooper - saw him twice in the Olympia and Vicar Street and he is amazing live. He has one of the strongest voices you'll ever hear live.

Thin Lizzy - Well, buy two get one free. Strong line-up and glowing reports from their current tour.

Cannot wait to see this gig! May have to include Belfast as well and make a proper Mid-Week holiday out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

I was going to buy tkts in the presale but the seats available were crap, so I waited until this morning and got good seats in block C. Lizzy were great in the Olympia and as said Leppard are a class act live. I have never seen Alice Cooper live so something else to look forward to. I'm getting to old to stand at these gigs.

Got Stuck with Block F row 27 but it will be some gig. Rush in May and Then in the space of a week Def Leppard/ALice Cooper/Thin Lizzy and Then Journey/Forgenier.

The Waterford to Dublin bus will be a familer site to me for the next few months lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

The Waterford to Dublin bus will be a familer site to me for the next few months lol

"Stand clear, luggage doors operating lol"

• Advertisement

Time to get this topic going again.

I know already that this gig will not live up to Rush's gig but still i love Leppard and Lizzy and Alice Copper is growing on me it still should be a good gig.

A bit pissed off that i got block f tickets (so i think my view of the stage will be obstructed a bit ive been in Blocks C/D/E the last few concerts ive been too).

So id imagine the Timetable will go as follows

7.05pm-7.45- Thin lizzy
    8.05-9.05- Alice Cooper (Could be longer if he has a big stage set up)
    9.30-10.50- Def Leppard

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

These were the setlists from the last Def Leppard gig here with Tesla/Journey/Whitesnake. The setlists will probably be a similar length. Alice will possibly play more than 16 songs because Whitesnake had a 10 minute guitar duel in the middle and I can't see Alice doing that. And there is no 4th band where as the last time they had Tesla on the bill. Can't wait for it!

Tesla Setlist

1. I Wanna Live
    2. Heaven's Trail(No Way Out)
    3. Gettin' Better
    4. Love Song
    5. Signs
    6. Modern Day Cowboy

Journey Setlist:
    1. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
    2. Stone in Love
    3. Ask the Lonely
    4. Change for the Better
    5. DD Harp Segway
    6. Wheel in the Sky
    7. Wildest Dream
    8. Faithfully
    9. Don't Stop Believing
    10. Anyway You Want It

Whitesnake Setlist:
    1. Best Years
    2. Bad Boys
    3. Can You Hear The Wind Blow
    4. Love Ain't No Stranger
    5. Guilty Of Love
    6. Lay Down Your Love
    7. The Deeper The Love
    8. Is This Love
    9. Guitar Duel
    10. Got What You Need
    11. Drum Solo
    12. Got What You Need (Reprise)
    13. Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City
    14. Give Me All Your Love
    15. Here I Go Again
    16. Still Of The Night

Def Leppard Setlist

1. Rocket
    2. Action
    3. C'mon C'mon
    4. Make Live Like A Man
    5. Too Late For Love
    6. Nine Lives
    7. Love Bites
    8. Rock On
    9. Two Steps Behind
    10. Bringing On The Heartbreak
    11. Switch 625
    12. Hysteria
    13. Animal
    14. Armageddon It
    15. Photograph
    16. Pour Some Sugar On Me
    17. Rock of Ages
    18. When Love And Hate Collide
    19. Lets Get Rocked

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Viv said on his Facebook page he's on a break now but is meeting up with the rest of Leppard for rehearsals in Dublin before the tour kicks off in Belfast.
    Any ideas where these rehearsals will be??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

scudzilla wrote: »
    Viv said on his Facebook page he's on a break now but is meeting up with the rest of Leppard for rehearsals in Dublin before the tour kicks off in Belfast.
    Any ideas where these rehearsals will be??

A wild guess but it could be the Olympia.

http://www.alicecoopervip.com/events/28241

You would be tempted to purchase this, not overly expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

http://www.alicecoopervip.com/events/28241

You would be tempted to purchase this, not overly expensive

335Euro, not including gig ticket!! Hmmmm, Not overly expensive? Someone's livin in dreamland

This day next week! WOOHOO!! Can't wait for this one. I seen this and thought Uh-oh, So close to the Dublin gig. But he's alright now thankfully.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/alice-cooper-misses-first-gig-in-three-decades/#more-42800

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Ok we have to make sure Alice does not go near charlies or abrakebra before the gig here

hard to believe its just one week away. Any meet ups, coming up from Waterford so ill be in Dublin at around 4.45 and doors dont open til 6.00, so what to do ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I'm heading to this before and after if anyone wants to join me and my mates

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=226030260740599

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Times for Belfast below, I assume Dublin will be similar.

1800 Doors Open
    1900 Thin Lizzy
    2030 Alice Cooper
    2200 Def Leppard
    2330 Event End

intresting they all have longer sets than i thought

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭KevLeppard

Less than a week left!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1kGzqlAKGg

Getting very close now! Can't wait. The new live album, Mirrorball, with 3 new studio tracks is out on Tuesday. It has a 50 minute DVD with it too.

I'd say aswell, it'll be nearer to 12 than 11:30 when it's over. I think it was 11:50 the last time, or there about.

Is anybody going to Belfast tomorrow? We'll have a better idea of how long they play.

I was wondering today will Lizzy come out with Def Leppard and do Don't Believe A Word? Lepps covered it on Yeah a few years ago. Would be cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Very tempted to pop along to this...

CiaranK wrote: »
    Is anybody going to Belfast tomorrow? We'll have a better idea of how long they play.

I was wondering today will Lizzy come out with Def Leppard and do Don't Believe A Word? Lepps covered it on Yeah a few years ago. Would be cool.

Yep I'll be there, will post afterwards more accurate times.

• Advertisement

Times for Belfast below, I assume Dublin will be similar.

1800 Doors Open
    1900 Thin Lizzy
    2030 Alice Cooper
    2200 Def Leppard
    2330 Event End

Was at the Belfast show, these times are just about bang on. Def Leppard were on great form, really slick performance. Alice put on a great show, thought Lizzy were just ok.

Advertisement