Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ben Folds - Vicar Street 18th Feb

Options
  • 19-02-2011 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭

Anybody here attend it last night as well ?

This man is a genius, the best on the piano in my opinion, and it was great to see the place packed as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Yes, i went. Really good,although i don't rate the Nick Hornby stuff bar From Above which is great. He's a real talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Yeah, I went too. First time seeing him live and thought it was great. Lots of songs I wish he played that he didn't but ain't that always the way.

I thought that the support act was pretty cool too, Kate Miller-Heidke, I've never heard a voice like that before. The crowd seemed to get into it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

Yep, was there, I like his stuff but have only started listening to him since Christmas. Luckily I went with a friend who knew every word to every song and nearly wet himself at every intro he heard - had a great night! :D The man is ridiculously talented!

(Ben Folds is talented, not my friend)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It was a fantastic gig. My third time seeing him in Vicar Street, and possibly his most intense yet, although first time I saw him was back in '05 or '06 at the height of my Ben Folds fandom, so I would have thought that was the best night ever even if he just played Rock This Bitch for an hour and a half!

But nice setlist, a good variety of stuff from his solo career. Rockin' The Suburbs (apart from the title track, which kicks ass on piano) and Songs for Silverman got a nice look in. The hardcore Ben Folds fan in me would have liked a bit more BFF stuff, and Not the Same was a notable absence given it's my favourite of his songs. But he made up for it with a blistering encore. Loved him hoping the audience would pick up on the Army instrumental (which they did :)), but the double tempo One Angry Dwarf made my night! Kate and Gone were other highlights.

Advertisement