Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Printer and Toner

Options
  • 19-02-2011 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭

Any ideas for a cheap laser printer with cheap toner.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

You can grab one in PC world for about €100 and get the powder (toner) only refills on eBay for about €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

got a laser colour wireless for £130

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Singer73

Would be interested to know where you got that from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

pc world
    Though i'll be honest, they gave me the wrong one. Id ordered online
    The wireless version was £169

A quick check of pcworld shows the cheapest colour laser is about £30 more than when i bought mine
    I presume the vat increase didnt help

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dvd

ebay have new samsung colour laser printers for 70stg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Any suggestions for exact model numbers / suppliers.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭colm21

i think that canon laser toner printers are a good printer 2 get. personally i prefer canon as i have had no problems with canons so far. i have had other brands such as epson & lemark before but my epson broke within 4 months and ink cartridges for lemark are way too expensive nowadays :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭MrAbc

Dell 1320CN Colour Network Laser
    Highly rated by Which for quality and running costs, if you're savvy about non-OEM toner.

About €140 from Amazon at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Thanks MrAbc,

The toner is a great price as well if you don't use the Dell stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 oneworld01

I went to have the cartridge for my Brother laser printer refilled today and was shocked at the cost. It seems it will work out at 20 cent per copy which is the same as taking copies to a shop!
    Anyone any ideas about cheaper refills? I found a website which will sell you a refill kit for €9.99 which is less than a third of the refill price I was quoted; a new cartridge is about €50.
    Is there a reputable place/site to buy a refill kit? And are they safe?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

oneworld01 wrote: »
    I went to have the cartridge for my Brother laser printer refilled today and was shocked at the cost. It seems it will work out at 20 cent per copy which is the same as taking copies to a shop!
    Anyone any ideas about cheaper refills? I found a website which will sell you a refill kit for €9.99 which is less than a third of the refill price I was quoted; a new cartridge is about €50.
    Is there a reputable place/site to buy a refill kit? And are they safe?

lidl was selling brother toner last week at half the normal price, you should see if they still have them in stock

Advertisement