Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Áine Brady and Fianna Fáil .Kildare North

Options
  • 19-02-2011 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭

So has she left Fianna Fáil

Im getting flyers in the door now from her with not one mention of the party she represents. Just a bunch of stuff that she says she has worked hard on.

Has she turned Independant or is it just an attempt to fool punters.

Why does she not knock on the door like all the rest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Same here.

I read her leaflet last night. No mention of FF but lots of dubious claims of achievement about issues, particularly transport issues in Kildare of which she has never had a clue. But she's still a FF'er.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Browning

Her's is not the only leaflet/poster missing the FF logo or to have it so small you would struggle to know the party the candidate belongs too. Its part of the illusion of pushing the candidate and not the party given the miserable standing of Fianna Fail as a party. The party logo is reduced so much in size on some of the FF posters you have to study the poster to realise which party the candidate is standing for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Noticed this myself this morning. Looks very like something an independent candidate would issue, a pretty financially strapped one at that-the paraphernalia from Catherine Murphy and ED Higgins is much more glossy.

She ain't fooling me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Her posters in Maynooth have the FF logo but the leaflets in the door didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 I do not accept that

5456035642_85aa63b046_b_d.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Posters are all labeled F.Fail.....anyone looking at the boards voting for Kildare North?....here's how it currently stands...

1. Labour 199 33.8% 2
    2. Independent 144 24.4% 1
    3. Fine Gael 129 21.9% 1
    4. Sinn Féin 49 8.3% -
    5. Fianna Fáil 47 8% -
    6. Green Party 21 3.6% -

Brady is ranked 7th overall ...Catherine Murphy has the independent seat...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

In my opinion Ms Brady represents everything that is wrong with Irish politics and FF in particular.

The only reason she has the seat now IMO ( not for much longer I hope ) is because she is related to a political family . She was the ' minister for old people ' when the scandal about abuse of elder people came along.

I hope she will be joining the dole queue come the end of this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I agree.

She strolled in at the last election, basically getting Charlie McCreevy's seat, replacing Catherine Murphy who had won the bye-election.

No political experience behind her, bar being a Kitt and on the Fianna Fail ticket. And Fianna fail then gave her a junior ministry.

And we elected her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I hope she comes last with the Star Trek bad guy running mate in 2nd last.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

I think her mum dropped by the other day, or possibly her older sister canvassing.

Or maybe the picture on the posters she's using is DONKEYS YEARS old! More smoke and mirrors!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

One of the FF Power guys in Kildare south is doing the same with posters up missing all reference to FF and with the slogan "Not all polititions are the same" - made me laugh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

SQ2 wrote: »
    I think her mum dropped by the other day, or possibly her older sister canvassing.

Or maybe the picture on the posters she's using is DONKEYS YEARS old! More smoke and mirrors!

Her sister is canvassing; and the photos are antique, so it could be either.

The lad who canvassed me was trying to plead that it was a vote for her, not FF; and that she was responsible for nothing, despite the fact she had a junior ministry :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

None of the candidates, Ms. Brady included, have been to my doorstep at all! I've had all of the flyers alright, and two knocks on the door from Fine Gael, but no candidates...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭buzzard

I spotted her election helpers taking down Catherine Murphy's posters and replacing them with hers.

Not on at all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Won't be getting my vote. Didn't she jump in on the kerdiffstown dump bandwagon as well.

Welcome to dumpsville baby.. Population you and your cronies.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,877 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Got a leaflet in the door about all her "wonderful achievements". Never looked for a logo, it went into the recycling bin when I realised who it was. She didn't seem to mention being a collaborator in placing private debt on the ordinary person. :rolleyes:

Labour were the only ones that knocked in when I was there, but failed to give me assurances on the taxpayer not repaying private debt. They told me "the lads do great things locally". I want to know who'll fix the country, not the local bus stop. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,877 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Oh hard luck to FF.

Shocking to see the people getting stroppy about the wonderful work they done in taking the debts of their friends and making the taxpayer foot the bill.

No respect at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Aine who?

HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

She probably shouldn't have resigned from her teaching post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Great things come to those who wait. Thanks for the memories Aine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Outside the irish school in Maynooth someone spray painted her poster "Treason Wanted" and drew on devil horns :pac: I lol'ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

that was on every ff and green poster around naas and newbridge in the last few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

BluesBerry wrote: »
    Outside the irish school in Maynooth someone spray painted her poster "Treason Wanted" and drew on devil horns :pac: I lol'ed
    there was one on the celbridge road with that, but it looked like someone had cut out her eyes and replaced them with red flashing LEDs.

I never checked, but saw it in the car. And almost crashed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I saw that too Folan. Disappeared after a few days though.

Advertisement