Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best areas in kk city

Options
  • 19-02-2011 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

probably been done before but i'm a first time poster so take it easy pls :)
    anyway i'm looking to rent/buy in town and was wondering what everyones opinions on the best area to rent/buy in town

all help most appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

niallhy wrote: »
    probably been done before but i'm a first time poster so take it easy pls :)
    anyway i'm looking to rent/buy in town and was wondering what everyones opinions on the best area to rent/buy in town

all help most appreciated
    Depends if you have a family or not, are you young or are you old? etc

• Registered Users Posts: 31 niallhy

i'm in my late 20's with no family,and i know the reputation of some places from what i've heard at work like lintown hall will be the next wasteland of kk etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Which part of town do you work in? Do you drive to work? If no, do you have a car? I wouldn't knock Lintown, it's mainly people not from Kilkenny who are renting.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Don't go to Roberts hill as thats rubbish. Lakeside is nice and quite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

To which social class do you belong? I can recommend an appropriate city quarter based on this information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Talbot's Inch is the best place in Kilkenny hands down. What a spot. It's like the Shire from Lord Of The Rings.

I'll never be able to afford a place there but it is my hope that one day I'll get invited into one of those magical inch houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭littletiger

Threadhead wrote: »
    Talbot's Inch is the best place in Kilkenny hands down. What a spot. It's like the Shire from Lord Of The Rings.

I'll never be able to afford a place there but it is my hope that one day I'll get invited into one of those magical inch houses.

Freshford Road, Talbots inch, Talbots Grove, Talbots Grove anywhere around that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Tablets inch. Especially during the late 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Davidian_ie

I can't fault College Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Maiden Hills on the Kells road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

niallhy wrote: »
    i'm in my late 20's with no family,and i know the reputation of some places from what i've heard at work like lintown hall will be the next wasteland of kk etc

have lived in lot of places around the city, and Lintownhall would be one of the better estates, very active residents association http://www.lintownhall.com/

Advertisement