Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundproofing + renovating a container

• 19-02-2011 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

So my band have gotten a container for practicing in, but its next to a couple of industrial units and about 100metres from a house. It's bog standard inside, metal walls and ceiling, wooden floor. Our aim is to soundproof as best we can, and make it clean and homey, if you will. Soundproofing is our main agenda though.

Our knowledg of soundproofing is quite literally hanging curtains and carpets et off the wall, so im wondering if anyone has any better ideas? Would there be any benefit in putting up drywall with some sort of thing behind it to soundproof or anything?

All help appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Can suggest insulated drywall, but if its a container, you will get mould on the board because of the cold bridge on the inside of the steel.

Plus, how much do you want to spend on a container?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

We already have the container. Budget i suppose would be a total total max of €1,500. But would much prefer it to be less.

Ideally, i suppose we want to get as close as possible as one of these http://www.sjonescontainers.co.uk/conversion.htm#30 :P

Advertisement