Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trellis on 4m x 2.2m hi south facing wall,and a little more

Options
  • 19-02-2011 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭

--_
    _--

1m<--- 4m--->1m

Long time dreamer 1st time gardener, I have a wall as described above that I plan to put some trellis on in the middle 4m section so I was hoping for some good advice on what to plant
    From what I've read fixing trellis to battons seems,the way to go and I have no prob there,can manage a little d.i.y.

I suppose i should just plant a few easily maintained flowers to creep along the wall so what type would be advisable

or today I was thinking maybe a vegatable or 2,is this easily achieved.

At each end of this wall is a concrete block pier and the another tiny piece of wall totalling about 1m, as per diagram
    I plan to build a little box 1m x 1m put a little evergreen, in the corner one that grows about 2m tall and slim,surrounded by a few shrubs or a little heather, or the misus was wondering would it be possible to maybe grow some tomatoes in the corner.......

as you can gather i dont know weather i want to be a part time farmer or gardener......
    all advice greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

farmer idea gone

4m x 2m trellis in place

anybody know if 2 different trellis plants can grow harmoniously together
    possibly one rose type........

any help appreciated greatly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Lots of combos possible, why not combine a summer flowering rambling rose with a winter flowering climber (eg Winter Jasmine)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

ok thanks

Advertisement