Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Christening ideas

Options
  • 20-02-2011 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all, Anyone know a good location for a christening in Newbridge, Kildare. Also ideas for catering. All suggestions welcome. thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Kildrought

Good location -> A church is the usual is it not?

Catering -> tea & sandwiches at home, could ask guests to bring salad/dessert instead of yet more babygro/clothes that won't be worn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

You could try Ryston.
    http://www.rystonclub.com/function-bookings.php

We had a double christening there in the big hall, food was great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 huggybeer

I really appreciate your help and Il give them a call.

Other posts on here are just trying to be a pain in the arse and being fairly effective

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

huggybeer wrote: »
    I really appreciate your help and Il give them a call.

Other posts on here are just trying to be a pain in the arse and being fairly effective

How? I had my first daughters christening at home and my mother done the catering. It is still talked about now as being one of the best christenings that most of my relatives have been too...

My second daughter had a day out and it was a pain organising a baby sitter for her, as we felt we had to stay and host our guests until all of them left...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 huggybeer

HI January
    I thought it was obvious I was looking for a location for a christening party not the actual church service, which my 1st responcdant implied.

Ive no problem with a home event, but Id perfere to have it away from my home. I feel there is less hassel, cleaning up after etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Kildrought

@huggybear, you had asked about a 'christening' not a party venue.

I'm sure it's quite possible to hold such a ceremony any where you like but if you wanted a religious aspect then a church would be necessary I should think?

I don't believe (but am open to correction) that there is a equivalent civil ceremony such as that available for weddings, though I'm sure you could do your own naming day version if you wanted.
    ..less hassel, cleaning up after..
    One of the reasons such events were, in the past, kept small and simple was to avoid overtiring either the new baby or their parents. Perhaps it's time to bring back some old traditions...;)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

For the last fella we did it at home - platters of meat, salad etc from the local butcher.

We found it much easier and more relaxed - home buffet style is easier than having to keep an eye out to make sure that folk are sorted in the restaurant. It also makes it easier for people to relax and mingle and of course the informality makes it less stressful for those with kids. So much so that for the past 3 communions/confirmations we've cooked ourselves and had a home party.

Advertisement