Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crepe maker

Options
  • 20-02-2011 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

I'd like to buy a crepe maker but I have no recipes apart from dessert crepes, to jusify the expense of a crepe maker can anyone suggest any nice preferably child friendly recipes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I got my silvercrest crepe maker from lidl for only €15, down from 25. It's a great thing, does eggs and american breakfast pancakes a treat too. As for crepe recipes, the filling is where it's at, ham and cheese, nutella and banana, peanut butter and banana, goats cheese/walnuts/honey, go nuts!

I use mine all the time for the more wholesome porridge pancakes made famous by rubadub :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,048 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Look up Brtianny gallettes .
    Very nice savoury, buckwheat pancakes.

Would you not be better off investing in a good frying pan?
    Or maybe you have lots of space for electrical appliances you rarely use!

I gotta say, I love my crepe maker and use it every week at least. It provides an even heat that a frying pan could never achieve over such a wide surface area.
    I make 5 sizeable brekkie pancakes at once on it, and when its not in use I put an ikea lazy susan on it and reuse the storage space.
    Lol, I know this reads like a love letter, but I get a kick outa using it that a pan never gave :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Eviledna, I was hoping to get one in lidl around christmas time but couldn't get out because of the snow and now the only one I can see for sale is in argos for 38.99:(

The thoughts of having a yummy crepe now mmmmmmm:)

Keep an eye out for the warehouse sales in Lidl, that's where I got mine last year. I saw one for sale two weeks ago in Lidl Doughiska Galway for 25. Might be worth phoning around?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 BlankaV

i think aldi have them on special either today or sunday if ur still looking

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is there really a difference between the taste of a crepe made on a maker and in a good crepe pan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Is there really a difference between the taste of a crepe made on a maker and in a good crepe pan?

Not really, tbh. I just bought a good quality crepe pan from M&S and I can't tell any difference. It's all in the skill of flipping and getting the batter right.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I want a crepe maker so badly now.

• Advertisement

I hate using my gas hob and use it less and less these days which is part of the reason I wanted one of this, The aldi one was really good value back at christmas so i've been on the lookout ever since.

Considering pancake tuesday, my personal feast day and national holiday :) is next tues, I expect my crepe maker to save me about a half hour in time over using a standard pan.

The taste is the same, but they are much easier to use.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Funnily enough I saw these on sale in the supermarket on the way home on Friday. Do you not have to turn the crepes or how exactly does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Advertisement