Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gumbo?

Options
  • 20-02-2011 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

My housemates and I made gumbo today for the first time. We used this recipe, and followed it relatively closely. Having near eaten gumbo before, I don't know if it tasted right, but it was good. Anyone of you have experience making gumbo? Does this seem like a decent recipe, or do you have suggestions for the next time I try to make it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭mw3guc

That sounds really tasty - how many did it serve? I've never made gumbo but I might have a go if I could cut the recipe down a bit - or wait until I was having a crowd in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Well we cut down the recipe a little bit, and it served 6 of us with leftovers for 2 or 3 servings still there :). I think you may need a crowd in, but it could probably be cut down for 3 or 4 people. Either way, I definitely recommend trying it.

Edit: As this was a spur of the moment idea, we could not get spicy sausage so settled for regular sausage and added chili to the recipe.

Advertisement