Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shih tzu tooth loss?

• 20-02-2011 2:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I have a one year old female shih tzu and have noticed that she is losing a lot of her teeth on the bottom row. Is this common or should I get her to a vet asap? She is in good health otherwise. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

not to sound stupid - but I assume these are her adult teeth? (as in did she lose all her baby teeth when she was younger?)
    If they are adult teeth she's losing then I'd go to the vet as you don't want her losing more/want to know why she'd be losing her adult teeth in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Hi. She is 12 months exactly. Should she have lost all her baby teeth by now or are they the ones that are falling out at this stage.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Well my Lhasa Daisy was losing her around 5/6months old so I would think your shih tzu might have lost hers already. I take you didn't notice her losing teeth at that age?
    If you want to be certain then go to the vet, they can probably tell you if it's baby teeth or not - as it does sound late(I would have thought anyway) for baby teeth to be falling out, but not impossible.

Advertisement