Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 KEY in dublin?

Options
  • 20-02-2011 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,i bought ps3 few weeks ago and i heard i can break ps3 using usb.I found on the website http://www.ps3key.com/en/ and just i'm thinking where can i buy this one or something like that in dublin?i don't want pay 40e for break someone if i can buy it for around 20e i to do by oneself.Does anyone know where can i buy it in dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

kevinbray wrote: »
    Hi,i bought ps3 few weeks ago and i heard i can break ps3 using usb.I found on the website http://www.ps3key.com/en/ and just i'm thinking where can i buy this one or something like that in dublin?i don't want pay 40e for break someone if i can buy it for around 20e i to do by oneself.Does anyone know where can i buy it in dublin?

USB jigs are no longer required. As long as you haven't updated past 3.55 follow Enternow's guide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kevinbray

Hi Inquitus,i have firmware 3.55 from sony but i heard software 3.55 cfw isn't for games from internet,is that truth?

Hi Inquitus,i have firmware 3.55 from sony but i heard software 3.55 cfw isn't for games from internet,is that truth?

3.55 CFW allows you to run any homebrew, and indeed to run backups of your legally owned games should you wish to do so.

As piracy is illegal and harms the games industry it's against this forums charter to discuss or give advice on such things.

Suffice to say if you are on 3.55 OFW you can install 3.55 CFW and do whatever you like with your PS3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kevinbray

Thanks

Thanks

You can't play on PSN with a CFW incidentally if thats what your were asking. It's either/or.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Inquitus wrote: »
    indeed to run backups of your legally owned games should you wish to do so.

You can't have legally owned backups in Ireland unless you're an library/archive or as a single person who create everything yourself to do it.

Varik wrote: »
    You can't have legally owned backups in Ireland unless you're an library/archive or as a single person who create everything yourself to do it.

I disagree, the law is vague in so far as it states "unreasonably prejudice the interests of the owner of the copyright", one could argue that backing up legally owned media does not unreasonably prejudice the owner of the copyright. Its never been tested in court as far as I am aware, and until it is, its open to subjective interpretation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I disagree, the law is vague in so far as it states "unreasonably prejudice the interests of the owner of the copyright", one could argue that backing up legally owned media does not unreasonably prejudice the owner of the copyright. Its never been tested in court as far as I am aware, and until it is, its open to subjective interpretation.

There is no argument, or vagueness in it. It's illegal to bypass copy protection system present on a disc. End of story. Whether it's photo's, music, a movie or a game, if the disc is digitally protected, you cannot legally evade it in the EU.

This makes it illegal

dec18-drm-med.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Varik wrote: »

Sorry i was wrong there was an addition to Irish law (2004) from what i was looking at(2000).

In the US under DMCA, a potential user who wants to avail herself of an alleged fair use privilege to crack copy protection which is not prohibited would have to do it themselves since no equipment/devices would lawfully be marketed or provided for that purpose.

Under the InfoSoc Directive which was mostly implementation into Irish law in the Copyright and Related Rights Act, 2000 and brought into further compliance with the EU directive by the amendment act European Communities Regulations 2004, this possibility would not be available since circumvention of copy protection is illegal.

Advertisement