Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Cork

Options
  • 20-02-2011 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭

Working in Cork City for the next few days Nr Patrick Street, just wondering where is the cheapest spot to park for the whole day, dont mind a bit of a walk into town 15 min max. Coming from Mallow direction. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

amber2 wrote: »
    Working in Cork City for the next few days Nr Patrick Street, just wondering where is the cheapest spot to park for the whole day, dont mind a bit of a walk into town 15 min max. Thanks

There's a park and ride at black ash, by the kinsale road roundabout. I'm not sure how much it costs for the day. The bus drops you in to the city, not far from patrick street. Probably your best bet.

There are 3 multi story car parks off Patrick st but I don't know how much a whole day costs. You have one at merchant's quay, one on grand parade and one on Paul street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

There is on Carrolls Quay as well. That is just beyond Heineken on the left before the lights. I am not sure of prices though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭zoby

+1 for the park and ride

its €5 a day, the buses run every 15mins to and from town - cant beat it :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

-Corkie- wrote: »
    There is on Carrolls Quay as well. That is just beyond Heineken on the left before the lights. I am not sure of prices though.

Carrolls Quay is €2.20 an hour. There's a car park by the train station that I think is €8 a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭amber2

Thanks for the replies, the 3 multi story ones in town are nearly €28 a day bit too expensive. Where is the Park n Ride is it on the Mallow side anyone know, want to stay on that side of town as it would be handy getting out of town in the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

No its not on the mallow side, probably not worth fighting your way through town for in the mornings. Blackpool is probably easier, park in the shopping center and walk/bus to pana

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

mawk wrote: »
    No its not on the mallow side, probably not worth fighting your way through town for in the mornings. Blackpool is probably easier, park in the shopping center and walk/bus to pana

pana being patricks st :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

pana being patricks st :D

You wouldnt have any health problems walking from Blackpool to the Pana twice a day...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭amber2

Thanks for the info. gonna do the Blackpoole Pana walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

Be careful of parking all day for "free" in retail car parks. Most (all?) retail car parks have a time limit for free parking and after that you will be liable for a fee or clamping. Having said that, I've no idea if Blackpool have this rule or if they enforce it.

I'd be inclined to use the train station car park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

train from mallow to cork ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ofcork

I think there is all day parking in an underground on the watercourse road,cant recall price now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭HooterSnout

-Corkie- wrote: »
    You wouldnt have any health problems walking from Blackpool to the Pana twice a day...:D

You would taking the bus though. :pac: Teenage Girls playing their music the whole way, the lads jumping on the bus with bags full of cans and bottles

Advertisement