Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of a last minute plan, need help!

Options
  • 20-02-2011 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Please and thank you :)

I'm bringing my godson to the King Tut expo today, he is delighted because they studied Ancient Egypt this week in school.

So I was trying to think of where to bring him afterwards and I thought that maybe I could do a statue tour in Dublin City. We could take photos and then have him research a little bit about each photo and we can make a book for him to bring to school.

First of all, do you think it might be too much info in one day for a 9 year old?

and Secondly, I know where the main statues are : O'Connell, Molly Malone, Phil Lynott, The hags with the bags, James Joyce and Parnell.
    Can someone help me and tell me where some others might be please?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Hi ive the exact same plan for tuesday and my nephew (6) and a friends kid (9). Our plan is the natural history museum in the morning and the King tut after. they are not too far apart geographically. thinking of parking at rds and taxi to natural history museum.
    In my opinion that is enough for one day.. although we are driving from clare.

I hope you have a great day above. Im looking forward to it myself.
    Pm me your address and i can send you a poster that was in the times during the week. its pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Bring him on the splash tour. Departs from stephens green everyhour. Their office is in suffolk street for tickets. I brought 2 kids and they loved.(especially when it turns into a boat and goes into the liffey basin). Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Littleblondehen

Hi ive the exact same plan for tuesday and my nephew (6) and a friends kid (9). Our plan is the natural history museum in the morning and the King tut after. they are not too far apart geographically. thinking of parking at rds and taxi to natural history museum.
    In my opinion that is enough for one day.. although we are driving from clare.

I hope you have a great day above. Im looking forward to it myself.
    Pm me your address and i can send you a poster that was in the times during the week. its pretty good.

Bring him on the splash tour. Departs from stephens green everyhour. Their office is in suffolk street for tickets. I brought 2 kids and they loved.(especially when it turns into a boat and goes into the liffey basin). Good luck!

Hate to be a naysayer, but I brought him to the National History muesuem a couple of months ago, and also he went on the splash tour aswell!
    Sorry they are both great ideas though.

KollegeKnight thank you very much I'll send a PM now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

James Connolly is down by Liberty Hall.
    Matt Talbot is by Matt Talbot bridge.
    Oscar Wilde is in Stephen's green.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Map and descriptions of all the statues in Dublin here:

http://www.awaycity.com/wiki/Dublin/Tourism/Statues

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

spurious wrote: »

When was he moved?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭christmas2010

spurious wrote: »

It's Merrion Square for Oscar, corner opposite the National Gallery

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

D'Oh! You're right of course.

Er....I was checking was anyone paying attention. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Michael Collins is in Merrion park too. The south side I seem to remember.

There's the famine children on the North quays, near the IFSC.

Can't think of many actually...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Littleblondehen

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Didn't go quite as planned! Will have to try again another day :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement