Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Fitter, Trimmer me!

Options
  • 20-02-2011 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

So taking the plunge and starting a training log I am currently doing the c25k on week 7 I do feel it a great reward posting what I have accomplished on the c25k thread so as.im nearly finished that I want my own little log. So my stats are 27 mum of 2 and weigh 13 st 11 lb I want for the first time in my life to get fit and through healthy eating and exercise drop some weight. I did my first 5k yesterday at a not so good 43 mins I have done all my training on a treadmill which had me fooled into thinking I could run 5k! So onwards and outside I will be ensuring that at least 2 of my runs a week outside and I am hoping to see some improvement in the st patricks festival 5k wish me luck. I really want to get fit ive 2 little girls to set an example for!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

Best of luck elsy-
    Congrats on your first 5k- don't mind the time whether it takes 15 mins or 15 hours the point is you have done your first 5k- well done you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ILOVERED

Good Luck with log elsy, C25k and beyond will be no pro for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Good luck and well done on your 5k. What height are you by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

madon wrote: »
    Best of luck elsy-
    Congrats on your first 5k- don't mind the time whether it takes 15 mins or 15 hours the point is you have done your first 5k- well done you!

+1. No point in being too fast on your first race, You need something to aim for.
    Well done.

You'll be much better prepared for the St Patricks 5K. See you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

5ft 4 so still some baby weight too loose! Im really looking forward to st patricks 5k I also signed up for the great Ireland run will run what I can of it. I think been signed up for things will keep me giving training my all. Hoping to do a race a month so thinking of this st patricks 5k march, great Ireland run April, kildare 10k may, womens mini marathon June, addidas 5 mile in July obviously the 10k ones I will most likely run and walk but all going well hopefully with training and races by end of summer I will be somewhat fit and wouldnt say no to been a little thinner too so thats this ladies plan!

• Advertisement

So today I did week 7 d2 of c25k on threadmill that was 25 min straight run then I walked for 3 mins on treadmill and then went for a 10 min run outside legs are still a lil tired from the 5k on Saturday. So the plan is to keep doing my c25k runs on treadmill and immediately afterwards the 10 min run outside then next week increase it to 15 mins outside spend a week doing that then go for the full 30 mins outside. Im going to do some 1 minute intervals outside tonight with a friend only starting and tomorrow will be a rest day

W7 d3 of c25k on threadmill covered 2.5 miles. Immediately.afterwards went for a 10 min run outside. Going to increase my outside run to 12 mins the weekend. Finding this week mentally hard but pushing through it!

So guys have had aches and pains everywhere especially my heels and shins so im having a few rest days. I got a gait analysis done today and got new runners hopefully this will help any future problems!

W8d1 of couch 2 5k done!

So did w8 d2 feeling so great as I did this run outside covered 3.7k in 28 mins so not going to break any speed records anytime soon but sure im a work in progress :)

• Advertisement

Did a 5k run today outside ran the full 5k without stopping even tackled a hill in there did it in 39 mins 34 seconds delighted cause my time at operation transformation 5k was 43 min 50 seconds so delighted to be sub 40!! Still a lot of work to be done but im loving it!

Was away for a few days so on Wednesday did week 9 d1 of c25k and today did d2 cant believe ive only 1 day of the program left im looking forward to my 5k race on the 20th!

Ran my graduation run tonight so proud that I finished the program ran 5k in 40 mins. Ive completely transitioned from the treadmill I actually prefer my outside runs now I find it easier cause of the fresh air and scenery did a run on treadmill the other day it was torture!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ILOVERED

Well done! Its Fantastic to finish the C25K, I just loved the feeling!

Its great to be outdoors, now that spring is here and hopefully weather will begin to get better there will be no stopping you!

Good luck with the rest!

Went for a 30 min run monday and today ran 3k in 25 mins today I took it very easy on my run today didnt want to cause any strains before the 5k road race on Sunday. On a separate note the compeed blister plasters are the best thing since sliced bread I got new runners a month ago and ive been getting terrible blisters on side of my feet but the compeed did the trick no pain running today what so ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Good luck on Sunday, and enjoy it! :)

So I really enjoyed the 5k race on Sunday did it in just over 39 mins was happy with the time Im only running 10 weeks my main aim fir it was to run it from start to finish no walking which I did so I was delighted. Have the distance down now to work on the time id love to knock 2 mins off at the lexlip 5k! I started zumba classes tonight nice to do something fun it was very good and definitely got the owl heart rate up!

Just back from a 5k run was a little slower than usual the legs were a bit tired after doing a body sculpt class last night that had like a million squats and lunges in it. Enjoyed the run! Im doing the great Ireland run im not at 10k yet so was planning this for it run the first 5k non stop then walk from 5 to 6k run 6 to 8k walk 8 to 9k run the last k so that would be running 8 of the 10k. I like to have a,plan with scheduled walks cause I find if Im running and just stop for a min its very easy to keep stopping every couple of mins I much prefer having set times

So yesterday I did an outside bootcamp it had lots of running, sprints carrying weights and running up hill was a good class. Today I did a 5k run on treadmill did it in 35 mins I pushed the speed cause treadmill a lot easier than outside.

Had a rest day yesterday. This morning hubby was working so did my run on threadmill did 5k in 33 mins 30 now only if I could make that time outside hopefully in a few months ill get there at the moment my outside 5k is 39 mins!

• Advertisement

Monday I did a zumba class and yesterday a bootcamp class my body is aching everywhere today Im trying to motivate myself to go out for a run now!!

Made myself go just did a lap of my town thats 3.5k glad I went now feel better for it cause my last 2 runs were treadmill runs so glad to be back outside. Going to go for a swim tomorrow then a nice outside run Friday.

Did a spinning class Friday and today a nice 5k run outside. Only a week to great Ireland run getting a bit nervous!

have done no training this week im not well sore throat and choking cough chest is weazy not looking good for sunday and the GIR I will be gutted if im not better for it.

Havent done anything in a week i have a really bad chest infection im on steriods and anti b for it. hoping to try do something tomorrow. Its mad i use to dread doing exercise but now i geniunely miss it.

Advertisement