Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic Vs Rangers (Part 4 of 7) 20th Feb 12:15

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

I must have missed the media outcry over the Rangers fans disrupting the tribute to Reamonn Gormley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I must have missed the media outcry over the Rangers fans disrupting the silence for Reamonn Gormley.

There was no minutes silence, or even in the Celtic tradition, a minutes applause. Care to explain what the hell you might be talking about?

Eirebear wrote: »
    There was no minutes silence, or even in the Celtic tradition, a minutes applause. Care to explain what the hell you might be talking about?

Should have said tribute.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/editor-s-picks/club-in-match-tribute-for-fan-1.1086336

During this video, Rangers fans did the 'bouncy song' (with Hammill lyrics) and when the Thai orphans he worked with came on, they sang about him being a paedophile.

The bouncy song:

This ditty celebrates the cold-blooded murder of Portadown Catholic Robert Hammill one night by a loyalist mob as officers from the Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC) looked on. The mob jumped up and down on his head repeatedly until his skull was crushed, hence the words, ‘Bouncy Bounce’.

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php?/site/reviewofbooks_article/4709/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Should have said tribute.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/editor-s-picks/club-in-match-tribute-for-fan-1.1086336

During this video, Rangers fans did the 'bouncy song' (with Hammill lyrics) and when the Thai orphans he worked with came on, they sang about him being a paedophile.
    Bollocks mate, i'd like to know your sources on the "Paedophile" allegations there has been outrage from all quarters regarding the lads murder and quite rightly so.

As for them doing the Bouncy, a chant that existed LONG before the murder of Robert Hamill, whats the problem? Opposition fans arent going to stand silently for a video played back on big screens, ever.

If Celtic werent doing anything official then thats their decision, dont come on here peddling your mistruths in this way, did you really put silence in your initial post by mistake? I doubt it.

Eirebear wrote: »
    Bollocks mate, i'd like to know your sources on the "Paedophile" allegations there has been outrage from all quarters regarding the lads murder and quite rightly so.

As for them doing the Bouncy, a chant that existed LONG before the murder of Robert Hamill, whats the problem? Opposition fans arent going to stand silently for a video played back on big screens, ever.

If Celtic werent doing anything official then thats their decision, dont come on here peddling your mistruths in this way, did you really put silence in your initial post by mistake? I doubt it.

My source is my own ears and a number of Celtic forums have picked up on it.

I'm sick of this EB. Rangers fans decided to abuse the memory of a murdered Celtic fan by singing a song linked with the murder of an innocent Catholic. They then proceeded to chant 'Peado' and sing the big lie at the screen when the kids he used to work with came on. The least you could do is condemn it.

We are forced to commemerate your wars, your troops, your fans when you kill your own (twice) and have to deal with all sorts of nonsense from your permanently offended fans because people 'coughed' or whatever in the silence. We behave and observe these at nearly every trip to Ibrox impeccibly. Then when Rangers fans are expected to behave like human beings for 2 minutes when one of ours is commemerated, your fans can't do that without resorting to sectarian slurs and the big lie.

Just for once say 'if thats true thats a disgrace' like Celtic fans on here do when ours misbehave.

Advertisement