Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Multi feed dish

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's a bit small for flexibility in Ireland.

I'd go with Triax 90/95 cm Dish (works for 9E to 28E in Mid west well) or Triax 110cm dish
    Triax Offset LNB bar adaptor. (comes with four holders). Good up to about 22 degrees arc, if further out satellites are strong enough.

The Wavefrontier is for up to 45 degree arc with similar level on all LNBs.

That dish alleges 48 degree arc. Likely much poorer past 10 to 20 degrees arc.

Your spec of 13E to 28E is about 16 degree arc.

Any regular dish is progressively poorer gain as you move further from the prime focus.

That's why on mine I drilled a new mount hole about 1 LNB width over, to make 28E be extreme left as it's strongest.

My dish is pointed at 16E, then adaptor clipped in and thus Astra (19E) and Hotbird (13E) are about equal gain and close to full gain.

127682.jpg

134102.png

I'll be able to swap the ku 9E (near 100% quality) for a Ka 9E in May/June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

I had tried the Triax TD88, and multifeed bar, last year for 28e & 13e.
    I could never strike a good balance for reliable reception from both, if I got one spot on the other was off or on the edge of break up.
    I took it down and replaced with two 60cm and hey presto, perfect reception from both.
    There doesn't seem to be enough "tilt" on the bar to get them spot on.
    I don't understand what you mean by drilling an extra hole, the lnb holders slide along the bar.
    Do you mean re-centering the bar?
    I must try that some time, but it won't address the tilt angle of the bar.
    Thanks for your thoughts on the dish I mentioned.
    The Wavefrontier looks tempting from that site, (€160 with 4 lnb, diseqc switch and delivery!) I love tinkering with reception and dishes etc, but can't find anything worth watching, other than Freesat.

Also you have to mount the bar still with inside curve facing dish, but with hole at bottom (different to assembly drawaing, which shows it at top. Just flip it endwise so curve is still same way!). Then it tilts enough.

the tilt is least if the main stations are due south. We are a lot more West than Germany (main market) so the assembly is "upside down" to get the extra tilt as you can see in the photo.

The hole is in the Middle. If you use that hole, then with 28.2E at one end, the dish is on 19.2E. Doing a new hole for the mount means dish can be at 16E for 28.2E at end of bar. Look at photo. Bar is no longer centred.

Note that TD88 is a little small for Donegal as signal drops as you move from centre of dish (prime focus). There are an infinite number of "offset" foci on an Centre or Offset feed Dish. Only one Prime focus (peak signal).

Thanks for that.
    I get the focus ( offset and centre ) thing, but did not know about flipping the bar over. That's interesting. I see how your bar is off centre.
    Seems as though I have a redundant TD88 then, drat. Taking up space in the garage
    I will try these suggestions and see what happens.
    Next thing is to learn how to set up a motorised dish.
    No use, but fascinating to learn how. Now the business has gone it's become a time consuming hobby, but addictive!!

PM Byte and see if he knows anyone that wants the TD88

It's a good dish.

• Advertisement

Well, thanks Watty.
    I tried your tip of turning the bar over on the Triax multifeed.
    Got 28.2e and 13e perfectly on the TD88, set up on a tripod.
    Haven't tried re-drilling yet to off centre it, but great results so far:D

This is the problem with instructions written for German Market.

Monoblocs a case in point. The spacing is wrong for here. Monoblocs or Duo Feed LNBs are for specific satellites, in specific country for specific dish. You need adjustable LNBs.

Ross & B&Q have dishes where elevation doesn't go below 24 or 25 degrees without a little modification!

28.2E is 22.5 degree elevation in most of Ireland.
    At 3 degrees East its 25 degrees. In Prague its nearly 30 Degrees.
    19E or 13E in France/Germany is 26 to 29 degrees roughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

watty wrote: »

Monoblocs a case in point. The spacing is wrong for here. Monoblocs or Duo Feed LNBs are for specific satellites, in specific country for specific dish. You need adjustable LNBs.

Ross & B&Q have dishes where elevation doesn't go below 24 or 25 degrees without a little modification!

Watty, what would be the elevation and azimuth angles approximately for Arabsat 26 degrees east and Hotbird 13 degrees east be in Dublin please? Also, I wrote in the Lidl sat system thread about how earlier something damaged one of the connections to my Comag dual LNB. Could it have been the box shorting it or I messing with the installation settings I wonder? I checked with different sat cable and it still doesn't work from that feed. :confused:

watty wrote: »

Re. elevation.
    I recently installed some Andrew ValuStar dishes.
    These must have a weird offset angle, because trying to get the correct elevation for 13e on a pole mount, the 75cm dish lnb arm only just clears the pole, (ie the elbow of the arm was almost touching the pole) any further east, and I don't think T&K and/or a pole would be useable.
    Granted they do come with a "bent" pole wall mount but useless if you want to be near parallel to the wall, not enough stand off. A separate "L" mount must be used with sufficient stand off.
    The 1.2m I installed had almost ran out of forward tilt adjustment at 16e, I reckon trying to get anything further east for weak sats with that one would also be tricky.
    Having said that, very good dishes.
    So yes, dish types are important.
    BTW Astra 2 is about 19.5 deg elevation in Donegal.

FREETV wrote: »
    Watty, what would be the elevation and azimuth angles approximately for Arabsat 26 degrees east and Hotbird 13 degrees east be in Dublin please? Also, I wrote in the Lidl sat system thread about how earlier something damaged one of the connections to my Comag dual LNB. Could it have been the box shorting it or I messing with the installation settings I wonder? I checked with different sat cable and it still doesn't work from that feed. :confused:

Enable Java/Javascript. Click on Ireland till the lat/long matches your location

http://www.lyngsat.com/tracker/badr5.html
    http://www.lyngsat.com/tracker/hb6.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭iba

Hi,

Im in Dublin, I have a Triax 1.1m and a Triax Multi-Block.

I wish to get Hotbird 13 and Badr 26

To do this, what should I aim the centre bar of the dish too, is it Eurobird at 16 or Astra at 19?

Thanks

Iba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

iba wrote: »
    Hi,

Im in Dublin, I have a Triax 1.1m and a Triax Multi-Block.

I wish to get Hotbird 13 and Badr 26

To do this, what should I aim the centre bar of the dish too, is it Eurobird at 16 or Astra at 19?

Thanks

Iba
    You will have to focus the dish on 26e as its a very weak satellite ,any offset and it wont be receivable.
    13e is strong so a 13 degree offset will be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

As i recently took my 1.1m motorised dish down as im getting ready to move, I made up a multi feed arm for my ground mounted gerbertini 80cm for 13, 19, 23, 28. Today was the big test has we had a massive downpour, signal levels dropped but i seemed to hold on to signal on all sats.

Also to note im using 4* sky quad mk4 lnbs that i had lying around. These are feeding bedroom, kitchen and Living room boxes.

I think one of my diseqec switches has started to fail as port 1 wont switch on (Ive tried diferent receivers and still port 1 wont activate on any)

I installed these yesterday, took the multifeed from the TD88 and put onto the TD110.
    The multifeed is set for 28.2e, 19.2e and 13e.
    The TD88 is now set for thor 1w fr Thor 6 TV2 PL HD.
    All working.
    The owner had gotten rid of a motor in favour of the switched multifeed....fast and silent!

Zardoz wrote: »
    You will have to focus the dish on 26e as its a very weak satellite ,any offset and it wont be receivable.
    13e is strong so a 13 degree offset will be fine.

Zardoz,

Thanks for your reply; however Im still a bit confused. You say I should aim the dish at 26e but unfortunatly on the Triax Quad rail it is not possible to put a LNB in the center. Would appreciate it if you could advise how I should proceed.

Regards

Iba

Hi,

Please can someone reply/help/assist:

I would like to get Badr 26 and Hotbird 13 using a Triax Quad Rail on a Triax 1.1m Dish - and the question is: what sat should the main arm of my dish be pointing to please?

I know Zardoz recommeneded aiming for 26E but this is not possible with the Triax Quad rail as far as I can tell

Thanks

Iba

Hi,

Please can someone reply/help/assist:

I would like to get Badr 26 and Hotbird 13 using a Triax Quad Rail on a Triax 1.1m Dish - and the question is: what sat should the main arm of my dish be pointing to please?

I know Zardoz recommeneded aiming for 26E but this is not possible with the Triax Quad rail as far as I can tell

Thanks

Iba
    I guess you should get the lnb for 26e as close to the centre of the bar as you possibly can and align the dish to maximise the signal at that point.
    Main arm would be aligned to 23e with 26e on the left hand side of centre .
    Then add 13e on the right which should work fine .`
    Thats a serious design flaw on the Triax multilnb bar ,that one cannot have a centrally aligned lnb bar modification.

I guess you should get the lnb for 26e as close to the centre of the bar as you possibly can and align the dish to maximise the signal at that point.
    Main arm would be aligned to 23e with 26e on the left hand side of centre .
    Then add 13e on the right which should work fine .`
    Thats a serious design flaw on the Triax multilnb bar ,that one cannot have a centrally aligned lnb bar modification.

Thanks Zardoz,

Ill give that a go and let u know how I get on.

Thanks again

Regards

Iba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Thanks Zardoz,

Ill give that a go and let u know how I get on.

Thanks again

Regards

Iba

With some modification you can centre 26deg on triax multiholder. I suggest you have a read of this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71172302&postcount=27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

I have been looking at those multi-feed LNB brackets in the images on this thread, they seem to give very limited movement. Just left and right of the central LNB without vertical movement, maybe i am missing something on the images. Anyway i would recommend making your own brackets and giving it a try, to see what you can get . An old LNB holder and bar from a dish that's not being used should be a good starting point . Cut the bar to about 150 mm or so and flatten the end with a hammer, drill a hole to take a 6mm bolt and improvise from there to a clamp on the bar coming out of the dish . It will give you the vertical movement to fine tune your signal as the different satellites all require the dish to be tilted at different angles on the vertical as well as the horizontal.

Here is my own homemade bracket it picks up hotbird and astra one on a central position of Astra 2 . SP_A0229.jpg

• Advertisement

givecredit wrote: »
    With some modification you can centre 26deg on triax multiholder. I suggest you have a read of this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71172302&postcount=27

Givecredit - thank you

Ill give Zardoz's idea a go first - no modifications needed on the rail. If that does not work, Ill give ur idea ago.

Hope this rain stops soon so one can even get out into the garden :)

Once again, thanks for ur help guys.

Regards

Iba

Hi again guys.

As promised please see photos of what I managed to do - took a while :)

Have Astra 28, Badr 26, Astra 19 and Hotbird 13.

Would like to change the Astra 19.2 LNB in order to pick up the Sat at 16 Degrees, but having no success at getting a signal - can anyone/someone let me know if its possible to get 16 degrees.

BTW the main arm of the dish is aimed at Badr

Thanks for all your help so far

Regards

IbaBILD4281.JPG

BILD4282.JPG

Nice job iba,very tidy.

I'm afraid there is no chance of getting 16e with a 10 degree offset on a Triax 110.
    26e and 16e are two of the weakest satellites in the sky ,its either one or the other on a multilnb dish.

Hi again guys.

As promised please see photos of what I managed to do - took a while :)

Have Astra 28, Badr 26, Astra 19 and Hotbird 13.

Would like to change the Astra 19.2 LNB in order to pick up the Sat at 16 Degrees, but having no success at getting a signal - can anyone/someone let me know if its possible to get 16 degrees.

BTW the main arm of the dish is aimed at Badr

Thanks for all your help so far

Regards

IbaBILD4281.JPG

BILD4282.JPG

Nice job iba,very tidy.

I'm afraid there is no chance of getting 16e with a 10 degree offset on a Triax 110.
    26e and 16e are two of the weakest satellites in the sky ,its either one or the other on a multilnb dish.

Thanks Zardoz,

I wouldnt say that tidy; have to fix up the wires a bit better - was waiting to know about 16 before tidying up and shortening the cables connecting to the switch.

Pity about 16 though as they show FTA Premiership Football matches from time to time.

One thing I noticed though and that is I have 2 stb - one humax HD box with Hard Drive which cost over £200 Sterling and a cheapo Lidl box - and sometimes I can pick up signals on the Lidl box better than the Humax which surprised me. For example Polonia 1 on Hotbird 13; clean as day on the Lidl but pixelated on the Humax :(

So is there any other sat that I can add to my four already before I do the final tidy?

Regards

Iba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

23.5 East should be ok but there's not a lot on there unless you have a Dutch CanalSatellite sub.

rlogue wrote: »
    23.5 East should be ok but there's not a lot on there unless you have a Dutch CanalSatellite sub.

Thanks Rlogue but whats a Dutch CanalSatellite sub please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Thanks Rlogue but whats a Dutch CanalSatellite sub please?

sub = subscription, the card/cam for accessing a providers service
    Dutch CanalSatellite = The main provider on 23.5

banie01 wrote: »
    sub = subscription, the card/cam for accessing a providers service
    Dutch CanalSatellite = The main provider on 23.5

Thanks Banie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

@iba, what sat cables did you use and those f connectors look like they are gold plated, and what dish elevation is used. It looks very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

The f-connectors can't be that good if he has to use that crappy tape on them & those big ugly lnbs must be about the worst thing for that kind of setup.

It's just all bog standard gear with no real ingenuity apart from the cable tie on the centre lnb. :rolleyes:

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    @iba, what sat cables did you use and those f connectors look like they are gold plated, and what dish elevation is used. It looks very good.

Hi GBCullen,

Thans for your complimnt - actually Ive changed it a bit since those pics were taken so I might post a new photo later when I get home from work.

To answer your questions:

1. Dont know exactly what sat cables I used, it was one I had lying around; I think it must have been one I got with a sat dish from Lidl many moons ago - Ill have a look tonite and c if there is any writing on it that may indicate what it is, but to be honest, Im not sure if it is a good quality cable or not.
    2. Yes, the F connectors r gold plated.
    3. I think the elevation is about 26, but Ill have a look tonite when I get home and post exacly what it is. FYI, I understand that one should try and get the highest elevation possible.

Till later
    Regards
    Iba

The f-connectors can't be that good if he has to use that crappy tape on them & those big ugly lnbs must be about the worst thing for that kind of setup.

It's just all bog standard gear with no real ingenuity apart from the cable tie on the centre lnb. :rolleyes:

Ronnie,

Ur post is rude, vulgar and offensive - if you have nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

Ronnie,

Ur post is rude, vulgar and offensive - if you have nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all.

What?! This is supposed to be a tech forum and I presume I'm not addressing a child, so you can take a bit of criticism.

If I see an installation being praised by others & I think the praise is unwarranted, I don't see why I shouldn't point it out.
    I understand that one should try and get the highest elevation possible.

And what do you mean by this?

Hi GBCullen,

Thans for your complimnt - actually Ive changed it a bit since those pics were taken so I might post a new photo later when I get home from work.

To answer your questions:

1. Dont know exactly what sat cables I used, it was one I had lying around; I think it must have been one I got with a sat dish from Lidl many moons ago - Ill have a look tonite and c if there is any writing on it that may indicate what it is, but to be honest, Im not sure if it is a good quality cable or not.
    2. Yes, the F connectors r gold plated.
    3. I think the elevation is about 26, but Ill have a look tonite when I get home and post exacly what it is. FYI, I understand that one should try and get the highest elevation possible.

Till later
    Regards
    Iba

GB Cullen,

I checked the elevation and its 26. Cant see any writing on the cable, but then again its very dark outside :)

Heres some new pics that might help u.

Regards

Iba

one more pic

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Why do 28E & 19E appear to have the same seperation from 26E & why is 19E skewed differently than the others?

What did you use for signal display while setting up?

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    Why do 28E & 19E appear to have the same seperation from 26E & why is 19E skewed differently than the others?

What did you use for signal display while setting up?

Peter,

I dont know the answer to ur questions. I just moved the LNBs along the bar until i got the strongest signals .

I just used my Set Top Box, basically the hard thing is to tune in Badr, the signal is weak, a4ter that the rest is easy.

Regards

Iba

What channels do you get on this '19 east'? Sure it's not 23.5 east?

What channels do you get on this '19 east'? Sure it's not 23.5 east?

I have ones like:

Das Vierte, Deutsche Girls 2, DMAX, Erotik Sat, GoTV, kosmica TV, Munchen TV, Radio Bremen TV - a load o4 rubbish really.

That's mostly 19.2E, although Kosmica tv only seems to be on Astra 3B @ 23.5E (it shares a tp frequency with Astra 1M).

• Advertisement

That's mostly 19.2E, although Kosmica tv only seems to be on Astra 3B @ 23.5E (it shares a tp frequency with Astra 1M).

Thats interesting, thanks 4 that.

But at the end o4 the day it dosent really matter 2 me coz the birds I need/use r astra 28, Badr 26 and Hotbird 13

But thanks again 4 the in4o.

On digging further, I see Kosmica was on Astra 1H @19E (12480 mHz, vertical) until 1st October.

Is your version on this tp & has it ceased transmitting?

On digging further, I see Kosmica was on Astra 1H @19E until 1st October.

Has your version of it ceased transmitting?

Let me check.

Yeah ur right - its in the list o4 stations, but theres no pic, it says 'The channell is scrambled or currently not available'

many thanks iba much appreciated, what make and model of receiver are you using? 26 elevation is about spot on, you will need to take a screen shot of a well known channel on each sat and post back here to prove the rig works as you have it working. Those lnbs are the dogs boolks as they say in the trade as they are slimline with a long neck and makes the space between each lnb look a lot more than it actually is and that is why you have it working perfect. A lot of people assume that only fat lnb's are proper lnb's as they are only used to Sky stuff. Using a fat lnb on a triax is well nigh impossible to get it to work The trick of moving 26 to be the focal point on the actual arm is the real secret as a lot of people assume you cant adjust the triax lnb holder. Another trick with the triax lnb holder is to turn it upside to get correct angle for sats. Especially in getting the arc to the west.

And your method of sliding bar is the simplest and most effective. I am asking on behalf of another poster and for my own information. I did a lot of muti sat suff when in abroad but lnb's in my time were not as good as todays. It meant using slimline alps ones and a bugger to get quads. The beauty of the quads is you can do wonderoas things with the correct receivers.

And there is one particular receiver that would work like a dream(no not that make) and there is a lot of english programmes on 19east as well. I have a motorised set up now and a static sky dish and an octo lnb.

at peter, the pics will not give you the exact setup as is it illusory, if it was a fat lnb then the gap would be nil, the lnb's used are slimline. the skew on 19 is necessary for the actual poistion of the satellite in the sky remeber this is a multi sat rig, its not supposed to work so you fool the lnbs to grab its distinct sat signals. This is not a case of putting up dish, attaching an lnb and bingo there is the sat. This type of work takes ages but the reward is getting it spot on. You are taking signals from 4 sats that individually may give 100% quality on a 1.1m dish but this is then downscaled to say 60 quality and that is enough for perfect pictures even in rain. And each sat is more powerful than the other. With quad lnbs you can have unlimited potential and its instant zapping and no noise.

thanks again iba

at peter, the pics will not give you the exact setup as is it illusory, if it was a fat lnb then the gap would be nil, the lnb's used are slimline.

They're still 40mm necks with big end caps aren't they & why would being 'slimline' make any difference to the relative spacing (& how do you fool an lnb)?

thats a secret, wait for the screen grabs, are you interested in doing something similar?

gbcullen

many thanks iba much appreciated, what make and model of receiver are you using? 26 elevation is about spot on, you will need to take a screen shot of a well known channel on each sat and post back here to prove the rig works as you have it working. Those lnbs are the dogs boolks as they say in the trade as they are slimline with a long neck and makes the space between each lnb look a lot more than it actually is and that is why you have it working perfect. A lot of people assume that only fat lnb's are proper lnb's as they are only used to Sky stuff. Using a fat lnb on a triax is well nigh impossible to get it to work The trick of moving 26 to be the focal point on the actual arm is the real secret as a lot of people assume you cant adjust the triax lnb holder. Another trick with the triax lnb holder is to turn it upside to get correct angle for sats. Especially in getting the arc to the west.

And your method of sliding bar is the simplest and most effective. I am asking on behalf of another poster and for my own information. I did a lot of muti sat suff when in abroad but lnb's in my time were not as good as todays. It meant using slimline alps ones and a bugger to get quads. The beauty of the quads is you can do wonderoas things with the correct receivers.

And there is one particular receiver that would work like a dream(no not that make) and there is a lot of english programmes on 19east as well. I have a motorised set up now and a static sky dish and an octo lnb.

at peter, the pics will not give you the exact setup as is it illusory, if it was a fat lnb then the gap would be nil, the lnb's used are slimline. the skew on 19 is necessary for the actual poistion of the satellite in the sky remeber this is a multi sat rig, its not supposed to work so you fool the lnbs to grab its distinct sat signals. This is not a case of putting up dish, attaching an lnb and bingo there is the sat. This type of work takes ages but the reward is getting it spot on. You are taking signals from 4 sats that individually may give 100% quality on a 1.1m dish but this is then downscaled to say 60 quality and that is enough for perfect pictures even in rain. And each sat is more powerful than the other. With quad lnbs you can have unlimited potential and its instant zapping and no noise.

thanks again iba

The STB is a Humax 4oxsat HDR

Heres some photos:

1st is Dmax on Astra 19, then ITV1 HD on astra 28, then MBC2 on Badr and 4inally Polonia 1 on Hotbird

I then have all the LNBs connected with 2 cables going to diseqc Switches. With one Diseqc switch going upstairs and one downstairs.

I have to say Im not an expert and I learnt a lot 4rom Banie, Watty and Zardoz on other threads in here and other guys whose names I cant remember.

Two o4 my LLNBs r a little 4at, but they work so whats it matter.

Yes I turned the rail upside down.

But as u say, once i got Badr, the rest was simple enough.

Im not getting 100% singal but around 80% - they work, so thats cool.

I have tow quads, but really i only need duals, but I picked up teh quads cheap over in the Middle East and they work so why not use them.

Photos im a4raid arent great - but the battery in cam went dead.

Regards

brilliant, i knew it, it had to be a receiver with one of the finest tuners ever made or I should say the most sensitive, it will pick up signals other receivers wont even sniff. They are prized in europe as they are known to even pick up BBC HD . That's why the system works so well.

I am not bothered about the pics as I know it works. And for a beginner you have done well,, in fact a good bit better than well. 80% signal, wow.

much appreciated all the effort you took to post back.

gbcullen

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭t c

Great pics iba, good to see them working. I hope I can sort mine as good.

GB, not sure of where you are in Europe, but Satfinder dishpointer gives me an elevation of 22.4 and I am not too far from iba.

How critical is elevation? Also dishpointer gives the skew which I presume is for each satellite assuming it is the prime one, so if LNB is not the prime, ie 28, 19 or 13 in my case, it would only be a starting point. Is this correct?

Also, I still have to admit that iba's lnb's do not look like slime-line ones. I would be thinkink of Alps and similar as slime-line, ones with very small ends that will sit close.

Cheers

TC.

hi tc ye are both neighbours so use exact same set up, dont worry about the lnbs, dishpointer cant cope with 4 lnbs, so ignore.

ELEVATION on dish is key.

So trax 1.1m , 26 elevation, turn holder upside down, find out from iba exactly where to drill the hole for 26 as that is the key ie the weakest sat, once you get that the rest is easy. and dont worry about skew, the holder compensates. You only skew afterwards to fine tune.

By the way IBA' receiver is very sensitive but I know technomates are pretty good as well.

Dont worry about the size of lnb's, have a look at at few setups and then compare with IBA.S.

But do reinforce the lnb arm on the dish.

What I will do is take a screenshot of a channel on each sat, and get the strongest transponder, screenshot with show channel, frequency, signal/quality and the damm LOGO.

I might do one in a mo but defenitely by tomoro.

gbc

• Advertisement
Advertisement