Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GPS Guidance for spraying/mowing

• 20-02-2011 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has any ideas about GPS guidance systems for use on tractors. I do a bit of contracting, mainly spraying and mowing. Can anyone tell me which make to buy and which to steer clear of. (sorry for the pun)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭ihatetractors

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has any ideas about GPS guidance systems for use on tractors. I do a bit of contracting, mainly spraying and mowing. Can anyone tell me which make to buy and which to steer clear of. (sorry for the pun)

I'd go to BritishFarmingForum about this, we are half thinking of a Trimble EZ 500 though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭hedgecutting eddie

i heard john deere have the most money invested in gps than any other company, so prob would b the best to buy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭rooney32

i was looking at the the topcon at ftmta machinery show it looks the biz and has a good antenna. i think it costs 1700 + vat. cant afford it this year but will definetly get for next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Richmountman

Yes, I was looking at topcon at the show and was impressed, but the price is a bit steep. A demo is required, I think.
    John Deere are expensive also.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭F.D

Seen this one mentioned on the bff might be of interest to you depends on your workload and how accurate you want to be but its cheap enough
    and might get you started
    http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=618741

• Advertisement
Advertisement