Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bricked Box

• 20-02-2011 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

If this is in the wrong section could a mod please move it to the correct place as I am not sure if it is a Paypal query or a Satellite query as my problem concerns a sat box.

Ok so here is my problem on the 07/02/11 I purchased an openbox s9 hd pvr box to use to view the free channels on 28.2 from this seller dreamboxsales.co.uk who is based in Belfast,paid for through Paypal, after a week when my box didn't arrive I contacted him and he said I should get it early next week, in the mean time I was googling his name and found this http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/advice-seller-please-189595/ I also posted here on page 2 I think.

So he dreamboxsales.co.uk was taking orders and only re-ordering in my name from China, my delivery invoice says that it was posted by Key Technolgy in China, TBH I didn't really mind as I now had my box, but after 2 days the box is dead, Bricked and I have been advised to return to your supplier, I would like to know to whom do I return it to? The place in China, which as yet I cannot find, or the person who I paid via Paypal. I really dont hold out much hope of getting a replacement or refund can anyone advise what I should do. Thank you all for looking at this and if you can help I would be very grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Your contract is with the person that sold it to you.

Actually this should be in Consumer Forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I had terrible problems with that supplier, once some DMs took 4 weeks to arrive, I was told that they were coming from Belfast but they came from Hong kong, Customs held them for a week as well.

I now use a guy here in Ireland, satboxes.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭garrycann78

Dub12Dave wrote: »
    If this is in the wrong section could a mod please move it to the correct place as I am not sure if it is a Paypal query or a Satellite query as my problem concerns a sat box.

Ok so here is my problem on the 07/02/11 I purchased an openbox s9 hd pvr box to use to view the free channels on 28.2 from this seller dreamboxsales.co.uk who is based in Belfast,paid for through Paypal, after a week when my box didn't arrive I contacted him and he said I should get it early next week, in the mean time I was googling his name and found this http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/advice-seller-please-189595/ I also posted here on page 2 I think.

So he dreamboxsales.co.uk was taking orders and only re-ordering in my name from China, my delivery invoice says that it was posted by Key Technolgy in China, TBH I didn't really mind as I now had my box, but after 2 days the box is dead, Bricked and I have been advised to return to your supplier, I would like to know to whom do I return it to? The place in China, which as yet I cannot find, or the person who I paid via Paypal. I really dont hold out much hope of getting a replacement or refund can anyone advise what I should do. Thank you all for looking at this and if you can help I would be very grateful.

bricked in what way. what have you tried to communicate with the box

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Dub12Dave

Bricked as in the box is totally unresponsive to everything that I have tried to do also it does not seem to boot up.

Watty this is where my problem lies as I thought that I ordered and paid for a box from a guy in Belfast who in turn ordered a box in my name from a company in China, so who actually sold me the box I am unsure of.

I will aslo try to get removed to consumer forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

Is there any way to set up a query with PayPal in the same way you can with eBay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Premier

Bricked as in the box is totally unresponsive to everything that I have tried to do also it does not seem to boot up.

You say "bricked" have you tried to communicate with the box?
    Have you transfered any new firmware to the box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Zardoz

snaps wrote: »
    I now use a guy here in Ireland, satboxes.com
    Just had a look now and his prices are actually very reasonable and handy that he is based in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

Watty this is where my problem lies as I thought that I ordered and paid for a box from a guy in Belfast who in turn ordered a box in my name from a company in China, so who actually sold me the box I am unsure of.

I will aslo try to get removed to consumer forum.

You bought from the guy in Belfast. The fact that he the ordered it from China is irrelevant. Paypal have a disputes mechanism just like ebay. In fact your creit card company would also be involved since I presume Paypal charged to cost to a credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Zardoz wrote: »
    Just had a look now and his prices are actually very reasonable and handy that he is based in Ireland.

Overnight delivery too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭fish fingers

@ Dave
    did you have a look at that page I pm'd you on digital kaos ? Iv had one of these boxes since last April, I'm fairly handy with them. Anything you want to ask, i'll try and help. I'm hooley on digital kaos

• Advertisement

I am totally amazed at all the replies thank you all.

I have tried lots of different firmwares and all get no response from the box. @fish fingers yes I did get that PM and if you give me 5 mins I will PM you here, I am getting some help from Laurals53 re box, I am just trying to get some kind of info as to who to send the box back to.

Tarabuses I only use a 3v credit card for the internet shopping but I did send the money through Paypal, so I am hoping when this thread gets moved to the consumer forum I will get some solid information.

I am totally amazed at all the replies thank you all.

I have tried lots of different firmwares and all get no response from the box. @fish fingers yes I did get that PM and if you give me 5 mins I will PM you here, I am getting some help from Laurals53 re box, I am just trying to get some kind of info as to who to send the box back to.

Tarabuses I only use a 3v credit card for the internet shopping but I did send the money through Paypal, so I am hoping when this thread gets moved to the consumer forum I will get some solid information.

sorry for going back to the same subject but how have you tried the different firmware. is it through the flashloader or is it through dreamup and a null modem cable. using a cable through dreamup can have better results.

By using the Openbox S9 upgrade tool and null modem cable.

sorry for going back to the same subject but how have you tried the different firmware. is it through the flashloader or is it through dreamup and a null modem cable. using a cable through dreamup can have better results.

You cant use dreamup with the openbox, its closed source

You cant use dreamup with the openbox, its closed source

Never tried with this box but it can be used with an openmedia receiver

Never tried with this box but it can be used with an openmedia receiver

Cant with this box though

Advertisement