Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few Questions regarding Mature Application & Docs

Options
  • 20-02-2011 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭

Hey Peeps

Just wanted to make a question regarding Mature Applications & Documents that go along with them. I will be applying as a Mature Student (for the first time) in 2012.

I have about 3 courses I am interested in applying for from two different Universities (DCU & UCD). Thing is, one course is different in terms of content & learning compared to another (for e.g One course is Business w/ Languages the other two are Health/Sport related sciences). As far as I am aware I can only provide one Personal statement for all of them? Or can I supply more? Gathering that I don't want to turn a Personal Statement into a huge essay I would find it hard to squeeze enough information into all courses into one Personal Statement, and also showing that I am interested in applying for either. So generally just asking for tips regarding this.

Also, will the Applications work with CAO the same as CAO School Leavers? If I put the first choice down and I get accepted for it, I have to take it? (If that's how it did work?) or can you recieve multiple offers from all courses if you get through each one successfully? (and then choose which one I would be most interested in).

In a nutshell, just asking for advice about providing Documents for multiple courses where the course & content is different for each course.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

It's really hard to know what to do, especially since one course you are interested in is completely different from the other.

In my opinion, you would be better to think which course/career you'd prefer and make a strong application in that area. I think colleges would look at your application more seriously if you have the interest in the one area of study. Its hard enough to write a personal statement without having to justify why you would like to study two separate areas. Again, this is only my own opinion.

Regarding offers of choice - yes, whatever if your highest course, that is the offer you'll receive. It is very important you decide which course you want the most and have that as your number 1. You may get a multiple number of offers from the universities but which ever is your highest preference, that is what you will be offered by the CAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Cheers thanks :)

Advertisement