Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street lights - Who to contact?

• 20-02-2011 1:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I want to report an issue with a broken streetlight outside my gaff, is it the city council i need to contact? or is it outsourced to ESB or something?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Yup, City Council. They're responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of street lighting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Mucho Gracias Amigo!! i will give them a shout :-)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

You sure Adam? Iv always called ESB Networks, thats what the polls around here say anyway, and to quote the poll number and location?

I think Airtricity may handle public lighting now, so not sure if you contact them or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

http://www.airtricity.com/ie/home/about-us/public-lighting/

Public Lighting Made Better

At Airtricity Utility Solutions, we are responsible for the maintenance of over 300,000 street lights across the Republic of Ireland. We are committed to delivering the highest safety, service and excellence standards in public lighting to local authorities across the country and the communities they represent.

Airtricity Utility Solutions operates out of nine regional depots in locations including Athlone, Cork, Drogheda, Dublin, Galway, Limerick, Portlaoise, Sligo, and Waterford.

As the leading street lighting service provider in Great Britain, our parent company SSE is a leading investor in the latest street lighting technologies which promote energy efficiency, reductions in carbon emissions, and remote monitoring.

Report a Faulty Street Light

To report a faulty street light in your area, please call 1850 372 772 quoting the pole number and the pole location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

To report a faulty street light in your area, please call 1850 372 772 quoting the pole number and the pole location.

You're right Sully. As far as I know, if their response isn't satisfactory, get the Council to sort it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

ahhh the plot thickens!! haha thanks guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fbrophy

You ring the Roads Department (051 309900) in the City Council giving the street address & pole number. Airtricity have have the maintenance contract, but it is City Council who pay the bills.

Advertisement