Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1200-€1300 Build Spec inside

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭SkrApsAK

Right so, this is what I have selected at the moment.... havnt ordered yet but about to :P

Note, the RAM set is 2 x 4GB

Still undecided on the GFX card....

The rest look ok though?

Keep in mind, I will be using it to play most new games, to play 16 tables at once on online poker and also to design some websites etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

go for a spinpoint f3 insted of a caviar blue it's a much faster drive,
    plus you didn't list a cpu cooler there O.o
    please don't tell us you gonna use intel's horrible stock cooling

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

SkrApsAK wrote: »
    I will actually be running 2 x 24" monitors on HDMI.

So for that, do you think I would bet better off going with the XFX card just for the dual HDMI's rather than using a DVI converter on the ASUS?

Would still go with the ASUS TBH, the ATI DVI->HDMI adapters work just great at carrying HDMI sound across so there really is no difference..

The Schytte Samarai thingy is the cooler.... not a bad one really

marco_polo wrote: »
    Would still go with the ASUS TBH, the ATI DVI->HDMI adapters work just great at carrying HDMI sound across so there really is no difference..

Sweet.... cheers Marco, youve been a great help....

You think the overall finished product looks well for the money?

• Advertisement

Also cheers to IrishMetalhead...... some very helpful comments too

I'll take a look at the HD now :D

the WD says its 600mb/s, the samsung is 300mb/s??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Sweet.... cheers Marco, youve been a great help....

You think the overall finished product looks well for the money?

I am quite jealous so make of that what you will ;)

the WD says its 600mb/s, the samsung is 300mb/s??

This is classical maketing misinformation, as these are the theoritical maximum speeds of SATA II and SATA III. No mechanical hard drive is fast enough (or ever will be in the forseeable future) to get near even SATA II limits, let alone less SATA III.

For want of a better analogy it is somewhat like putting a Micra on the Autobann in Germany and claiming its top speed was 250mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

marco_polo wrote: »
    For want of a better analogy it is somewhat like putting a Micra on the Autobann in Germany and claiming its top speed was 250mph.
    Excellent analogy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

That 6Gbps blue drive still has a little improvement over the last generation. Access times at least - better than the F3. Speeds not really improved. I suppose it depends on what your needs are.

Cheers again all...

Ill post pics when I get it :)

How long do Hardwareversand usually take anyone know?

Hi All....

Well, my CPU arrived and I have been fairly happy wit it so far. But I am having a major problem with windows at the moment.

I got Windows 7 Home Premium (64) with it, which was installed when it came.

Anyway, I am have major problems with the OS.

Everytime enter the control panel and try open simple thing like Display, accessibility etc etc... pretty much every option in the control panel, the page just freezes and wont let me in to change any settings.

Also I am the only user on the CPU but every time I want to run anything, (example firefox, IE or any games etc) I have to right click and "Run as administrator".

Obviously I have tried to get to the bottom of this but as I cannot get into the control panel, its impossible really from what I know.

Has anyone heard of or seen this before or have any ideas on what I can do?

Even if I right click on the desktop and go to personalize/display, it just freezes. this is only happening with Windows settings.

All programs that are not windows are working fine.

Any idea's?

thx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I'd just clear the disk and re-install the OS. Not such a pain to do when the system is still new.

I bought it from Hardwareversand...

They installed the OS and then didnt send the disc or key!! which is ridiculous.

I emailed them last night and demanded they send it to me, considering I paid €87 for it! lol

They obviously tried to scimp and used a multi cpu version or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭decnug

Hi SkrApsAK, first of all thanks for this thread as I got the same spec pc this week. I was having the same problem you had and I tried reinstalling everything a few times. I'm not 100% sure but I think the problem started after I installed the driver for the sound card. I eventually installed the driver for it manually through device manager (browsed to cd) and everything is working fine now.

ah ok...

I think thats around the same time I started having the problems too...

I'll try sort it now an let you know how I got on

decnug wrote: »
    Hi SkrApsAK, first of all thanks for this thread as I got the same spec pc this week. I was having the same problem you had and I tried reinstalling everything a few times. I'm not 100% sure but I think the problem started after I installed the driver for the sound card. I eventually installed the driver for it manually through device manager (browsed to cd) and everything is working fine now.

Unfortunately, I cannot get into "Device Manager"....
    Just keeps freezing every time, my whole control panel does the same :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭decnug

ok, I was doing it after a fresh install of windows

Im gonna have to wait a bit so :(

Didnt receive my copy of Windows with the order so emailed them.

• Advertisement

Sweet.... sorted the issue with some new updates for the driver.

Having a new problem though with my ASUS P8P67 motherboard:

Its been working fine until now, tried playing Battlefield BC2 but every time I join a game, the game crashes straight to desktop.

My speed counter says that it gets to 100% usage at that time.... but did a stress test for 6 hours and it ran on 100% for over 5 hours with out any problems.

Any idea why the game is crashing the motherboard?

So 6 months on.... a review of the PC that I bought.

Have to say, no complaints at all.

Had a little problem at the beginning with the OS, but simple uninstall/reinstall sorted that.

Anyway, every has been running very smoothly since. Its coming up on 6 months now. No further problems to date.

Only one thing I wish I could do differently would be to change the case that I have as it collects alot of dust very quickly. have cleaned the fans and filters 3 times already.

Everything else is perfect though.

I would recommend to anybody, if you are ordering a build online, do so from Harwareversand.de
    Was by far the cheapest than any where else for my specific build (€300 cheaper at the least) and I checked so so many sites and PC builders.

They built the PC very very well..... wiring is quality and all fans etc connected perfectly. The only trouble with Hardwarversand.de is the way you have to pay them. By bank transfer..... however, this isnt really that much hassle, just a 10min trip to the bank.

Anyway, the PC is top notch. Playing every top game on highest quality/res. Even with some massive data transfer games like Total War games, Im easily hosting 8 man games, no lag at all.

I regularly host a server on BFBC2 and 32 players run no prob at all with me included.

Any, probably one of the best PC's ive used or seen. And for the price, I am delighted.

Must post a pic, will do in a day or two.

If your thinking of ordering a build online, be sure to check out ze Germans. Fast and efficient :D

Once again, cheers to all who helped with suggestions for the build. You have all been a big part of my happiness hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So 6 months on.... a review of the PC that I bought.

Have to say, no complaints at all.

Had a little problem at the beginning with the OS, but simple uninstall/reinstall sorted that.

Anyway, every has been running very smoothly since. Its coming up on 6 months now. No further problems to date.

Only one thing I wish I could do differently would be to change the case that I have as it collects alot of dust very quickly. have cleaned the fans and filters 3 times already.

Everything else is perfect though.

I would recommend to anybody, if you are ordering a build online, do so from Harwareversand.de
    Was by far the cheapest than any where else for my specific build (€300 cheaper at the least) and I checked so so many sites and PC builders.

They built the PC very very well..... wiring is quality and all fans etc connected perfectly. The only trouble with Hardwarversand.de is the way you have to pay them. By bank transfer..... however, this isnt really that much hassle, just a 10min trip to the bank.

Anyway, the PC is top notch. Playing every top game on highest quality/res. Even with some massive data transfer games like Total War games, Im easily hosting 8 man games, no lag at all.

I regularly host a server on BFBC2 and 32 players run no prob at all with me included.

Any, probably one of the best PC's ive used or seen. And for the price, I am delighted.

Must post a pic, will do in a day or two.

If your thinking of ordering a build online, be sure to check out ze Germans. Fast and efficient :D

Once again, cheers to all who helped with suggestions for the build. You have all been a big part of my happiness hehe
    Glad to hear that everything is going good. Just quick question about hardwarverstand, you said they done a good job putting it together but what didn't they install ? Thanks

everything was pretty much installed and ready to go when it got here.

However, one of the fans on the case needed to be reconnected, likely came disconnected on route.

Also, they did not fit the fan to my graphics card, but that was no big deal really.

Apart from that though, it was just plug and play :)

I would recommend them all day!!

Can also get them to stress test it etc for you, but I didnt bother. Just got them to build it

Do they send uk/Ireland type 3-pin plugs or adapters?

Monotype wrote: »
    Do they send uk/Ireland type 3-pin plugs or adapters?

Nah, they sent 2 pin I think, cant remember if I had to buy the leads for my monitors or the PC or both.....

Even if they do, sure they're only €2 or €3 online or in Power City anyway.

Thanks, it's a question that's been asked a few times around here but nobody who bought HWV PSUs ever answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

My XFX850 came with a 2 pin and a 3 pin in its box. Pleasantly surprised.
    NTMKs amazon 1000W only came with a 2pin, so the fecker is robbing my spare :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    My XFX850 came with a 2 pin and a 3 pin in its box. Pleasantly surprised.
    NTMKs amazon 1000W only came with a 2pin, so the fecker is robbing my spare :D

I'm not i'm just borrowing it until i rob one from home:p i may need to borrow a KB&M for a week though:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

grand.

i was gonna buy a mini KB (with built in mouse trackpad) for the "HTPC" to get rid of my wired spares which get in the way, but then i remembered i owned a DesireHD and god it makes a brilliant remote. "unified remote control" app is the shiz dig.

Ill post the i5 cooler to Tallon today if i get a chance.

Advertisement