Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Coverage

Options
  • 20-02-2011 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭

Guys,

Meteor used to have a bad rep on the coverage front .... has this improved?

I could be getting a (smart)phone on meteor and wonder what it's like for coverage and 3G coverage.

Mainly in the Cork and West Cork Area.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Hey. I'm living in west Cork, 20 mins out of the city, and have meteor for the last 3 years. Coverage is very good down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

thanks, i'm also interestedin evn further west.... bantry/schull direction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Well my ex lives in castletownbere and he has meteor and it's fine for him. Did spend a weekend in baltimore not so long ago and i had coverage. Hope that helps some bit. Maybe if you posted in the Cork county forum aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Meteor is still the only network that has usable coverage where I'm from (tara meath). 2 years ago there was no coverage at all from anyone (unless holding phone up in the air while standing on tiptoes lol).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

It all has changed :)

I actually just a while ago tried out vodafone o2 and meteor sim. While o2 managed to take the lead by 1 bar, meteor follow and vodafone couldnt even pick up 3G near Dublin City Centre :eek:

Having said that it matters alot on the locations. Each could be brilliant and brutal. Best way to find out is to pick up a free sim and find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Posted this in another similar thread month ago but I travel the length and breath of the country at weekends for football and have only had issue with Meteor coverage in Granard ... but that says more about Longford than Meteor ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭jerry2623

Hi Guys
    I wonder does anybody else experience this problem .When I am in Spain I notice when people ring me I canot hear them but it works fine when I ring people back .
    This costs me much more more than double the cost of the call I wonder have METEOR set there systems to work this way.
    I have just phoned my friend there from a land line here and the same problem accoured . When he rang me back he could hear me fine but could not hear me .My other friend who is on vodophone had no problem in hearing me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Meteor roaming has been dodgy for me in London lately, in the past it worked fine. As you say, when people try to call me they can't get through, but I can call them no problem. I logged a fault with meteor about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

I'm right beside Dublin City Centre and the coverage is usually amazing. I'm on full bars like everything I check them. That's with a phone that's notorious for having bad coverage too with the whole antenna thing (iPhone 4).

• Registered Users Posts: 24 sparkey1

i live in newbridge in kildare and the meteor signal is absolutely desperate....i have changed handsets and sim cards,,,,i have contacted meteor who say the signal is fine in my area and basically just told me to f*** off,, i have also contacted COMREG with a list of dates and times of dropped calls etc and after nearly a month of negotiations with meteor they told me that i am in a contract and there is nothing that they can do ?????????

• Advertisement
Advertisement