Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Genuine Nissan Stereo (Model No. CY460)

• 20-02-2011 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

can anyone tell me if a genuine nissan stereo needs to be put on a computer to be programmed into my Nissan Almera?????
    According to my local nissan dealer this is what needs to be done:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭pie-man

the only radios i know of that need to be connected to computers are the vag range of cars. alot of main dealers will tell you this just to make a few quid. try ringing the dealer the car was orginally purchased from. they usually are more inclined to give it out. barring that though your gona have to bit the bullet. how much do they want just te charge ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mary85

what happened is the original cd player packed in and i got another from a nissan in a scrapyard. I have that stereo in the car now and when i start the car "please wait" appears on the screen, after a while this changes to "secure". Nissan dealer tells me that it needs to be programmed into the electrics, which costs bout €60 + VAT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

a quick google throws up this

The style number is CY460, the product itself is a PN-2598M. The Nissan part number is 28185 BN10.
    These units if secondhand from a donor car have to be correctly reset or they won't work in the next car. This marrying them to the ECU is only possible after they have been reset by Clarion, telephone 01285 861861. Reset fee is about £30. Once reset, the secondhand unit can then be put into the next car and should work. I cannot guarantee this as I am not an expert, but that's my understanding. If it says Secure or Code on the display then the above process is necessary. If the unit is broken then Clarion do a repair for about £60 by post (UK only). From what I have gathered, no serial number of VIN number procedures are necessary or work - if you have secure on the display it needs the Clarion reset, not a PIN number, No local garages or third parties can help, I don't think Nissan dealers do it either, it has to be Clarion

http://www.fixya.com/support/t4172344-got_second_hand_radio_car_its_clarion

Advertisement